PDA

View Full Version : i am looking for the best product

bakerc8
10-10-2008, 06:48 PM
is the stihl FS 55 R, echo smr-210, or Shindaiwa 22T a better product i whant a good low cost stringtrimmer for the mexicans to use that i will have working for me this season

Icepuck72
10-10-2008, 06:52 PM
umm...spell check and "Mexicans" ????

Nice post.

djchiodo3
10-10-2008, 06:54 PM
You don't want to buy cheap and then give to your employees. Buy top notch commercial 2 or 4 mix stihl. If you buy cheap you will be buying two before you know it. Have a friend with 7 crews, all he uses is stihl.

bakerc8
10-10-2008, 06:56 PM
ok i will use it but its still commercial but not the best one they make that's what i was saying

NC Greenscaper
10-10-2008, 07:06 PM
Buy cheap equipment and you'll get less than cheap results. I use Stihl FS 90 and FS 110 trimmers. As a previous poster indicated. Buy the best of the best when you have employees. First of all, its going to be abused more than what you would do, simply because its not thiers and they didn't buy it. Second, there is nothing worse than having a trimmer or two break and you have people on the clock trying to get your lawns mowed. Increases the pucker factor alittle.

Ooomwizard
10-10-2008, 09:45 PM
Echo SRM-230's work well for my muchachos. And I use Edgits.

Genlandscape
10-10-2008, 10:25 PM
The Echo srm260s is a great machine, more torque than the 230's and they will run for ever, solid steel drive sharts don't shear like flex shafts.

Genlandscape
10-10-2008, 10:27 PM
Oh yeah, "Mexicans" !?:nono::hammerhead:

djchiodo3
10-10-2008, 10:31 PM
Be carefull. You don't want to hurt someones feelings. And remember Burok's full name is Burok Hussein Obama

markahurley
10-10-2008, 10:43 PM
Be carefull. You don't want to hurt someones feelings. And remember Burok's full name is Burok Hussein Obama

"burok?" please tell me you're kidding.

doubleedge
10-10-2008, 10:46 PM

You mean Berry? I mean Barack?

topsites
10-10-2008, 10:49 PM
You just got done saying you wanted the best product in the title and in
the very next sentence you quickly backpedaled into lower-end products...

I get customers do this to me and I am guessing it's to get my attention but what I do next is ask them,
so now that you have pretty much stolen me away, what kind of advice were you expecting out of this? :p

Why, if you want cheap, it's not cheap if it has to be replaced more often.
I would get at least Stihl FS-100Rx's for the trimmers.

I may recommend starting work on an employee training program as well.

there is nothing worse than having a trimmer or two break and you have people on the clock trying to get your lawns mowed.
Increases the pucker factor alittle.

LMAO!

Very, very true.

djchiodo3
10-10-2008, 10:57 PM
Yes. That was a test to see if anybody was paying attention.

Matlock Lawncare
10-10-2008, 11:01 PM
I have had Stihl and they were really dependable but didnt like the feel of the handles and triggers,( i know its anal but you got to be comfy) then went to red max, loved the older models but then they put the new carbs that you couldnt adjust the mixture and had a lot of problems with them accelerating. Complained for over a year to my dealer and now I find out that red max knew of the problem and denied it for ever. Then decided they had pissed off enough people and started replacing the carbs on trimmers that were still under warranty. Needless to say even though I complained from day one my trimmers are not under warranty and they wont do squat for me. I am now corrisponding with anyone at red max that will listen but still to no evail. So I talked to a new dealer in the area and he told me about the Shindiawa 242T and I have been using it for 3 weeks now and couldnt be happier. Plenty of power and it has the speed feed reloader. Takes an average of 2 minutes to respool it. Will be buying at least 2 more before the month is out! Just thought I would throw my 2 cents in.

Richard Martin
10-11-2008, 05:47 AM
If it were me and I only had one of those 3 to buy... I would get the Echo for my latinos.

pj550v12
10-11-2008, 10:14 AM
Weren't you the same kid pulling a wagon in ETWmans thread?? Do us a favor, sell me any accounts you have in Westport, you'll lose your shirt trying to take care of the average 2-5million dollar home with that equipment.

bakerc8
10-11-2008, 10:59 AM
i put down westport because that is my rout for brickman i live in milford

bakerc8
10-11-2008, 11:04 AM
i use the wagan and z for by my house, and use my honda 21 and my buddys snaper with him on it away from my house we use but will upgrade to a bigger truck and a trailer soon. but i will have some latinos working for me and my buddy on his uncles property its 10 acers and he has 1 z and i will borow his trailer and get myne up there. its in simsbury or close by to it and they will be trimming because i dont trust them with the z and i whant a new trimmer.

Wittapp
10-12-2008, 02:44 AM
Why not just go the the home depot and buy some homelites? I have had my stihl fs85 forever and love it. I don't run 20 accounts a day either. But, for me, it has plenty of power.
Dave in Dayton

bakerc8
10-12-2008, 10:57 AM
i have 20 accounts so i think i will go with the echo once i get a chance to get it

DLAWNS
10-12-2008, 11:08 AM
I would go with a Redmax or Shindaiwa personally.

bakerc8
10-12-2008, 11:10 AM
ya i havent realy decided but going tords echo

Turf Dawg
10-12-2008, 12:05 PM
In this industry, a "CHEAP" tool is a " EXPENSIVE" tool.

mag360
10-12-2008, 01:30 PM
You just got done saying you wanted the best product in the title and in
the very next sentence you quickly backpedaled into lower-end products...

I get customers do this to me and I am guessing it's to get my attention but what I do next is ask them,
so now that you have pretty much stolen me away, what kind of advice were you expecting out of this? :p

Why, if you want cheap, it's not cheap if it has to be replaced more often.
I would get at least Stihl FS-100Rx's for the trimmers.

I may recommend starting work on an employee training program as well.

LMAO!

Very, very true.

We have nearly destroyed two stihl fs-100rx trimmers in a matter of months with commercial use. I would not recommend these for heavy use. Maybe they would hold up to a solo operator who only does light trimming and leaves the guard on at all times. We broke two driveshafts, one gearbox, one clutch is on the way out, and one of the machines is getting a sticky throttle now. They are nice and light but you pay the price in durability---not a trimmer to get for employees.