PDA

View Full Version : drove a 332 today

BrandonV
10-10-2008, 11:15 PM
And let my cat dealer rest easy won't be trading down anytime soon. Not that the power or anything like that is bad, but as a landscaper who gets in and out a lot there is NO WAY I'm getting myself in and out of that contraption on a regular basis. it's comfortable enough once you're inside but the journey in it awful. AND man was it loud.

Digdeep
10-10-2008, 11:21 PM
I have big feet and I always thought they were a little cramped in that area along with the window seeming so close. I agree with you on the cab noise.

stuvecorp
10-10-2008, 11:21 PM
And let my cat dealer rest easy won't be trading down anytime soon. Not that the power or anything like that is bad, but as a landscaper who gets in and out a lot there is NO WAY I'm getting myself in and out of that contraption on a regular basis. it's comfortable enough once you're inside but the journey in it awful. AND man was it loud.

What he said. Honestly that was the number one reason I gave up on NH.

P.Services
10-10-2008, 11:22 PM
yeah i didnt like the cab either, im a young skinny guy and its hard for me to get in and out of. if you want a machine that really can work, hog dirt, lift and push like a dozer the 332 is leaps and bounds over the cat. my cat rep is going to send me a 299c to run and i dont think it will out work my deere.

bobcat_ron
10-10-2008, 11:30 PM
Geez, now all you nuts are finally starting to figure out why I hate Deere so damn much!?!?!

Digdeep
10-10-2008, 11:35 PM
Geez, now all you nuts are finally starting to figure out why I hate Deere so damn much!?!?!

I always thought that their best machines were the rebranded New Holland machines.

bobcat_ron
10-10-2008, 11:37 PM
I always thought that their best machines were the rebranded New Holland machines.

They were, I liked them back then. I really, really liked them. Seriously, bigger cabs.

I'm not bullsh*ing you!

Seriously!

Cereal!

Digdeep
10-10-2008, 11:45 PM
They were, I liked them back then. I really, really liked them. Seriously, bigger cabs. I'm not bullsh*ing you! Seriously! cereal!

And then...out popped the 200 Series...ouch. I always like the advertisement that JD put out after the 200 Series had been out about a year.."over 100 engineering changes".

P.Services
10-11-2008, 12:36 AM
i think you all are a punch of skirt wearing school girls worried to much about creature comforts. i would sit on a effing plastic milk crate covered from head to toe in dust in 100 degree heat listening to a open exhaust Detroit diesel before i would purchase a less productive machine.

iron peddler
10-11-2008, 12:47 AM
you may be surprised on how the 299 will run....i was surprised how it ran my first time in it....sometimes being comfortable will make you more productive...but when you are used to screaming motor noise and loud hydraulics it feels like production....i sold jd for 5 years and always thought many of the machines were strong but when trying to sell to competition it was tough to get past many of the spartan features. but regardless of my thoughts it is always nice to have other machines out there to compare and get feedback on what you guys really want. good luck.

crab
10-11-2008, 08:33 AM
I'm with you Picasso, i will keep my 332 and put a pair of headphones on.my couch is way more comfortable than Ron's cat.

dozerman21
10-11-2008, 08:44 AM
I find it pretty funny how some guys will praise a Takeuchi for it's "tank like build" and "what you see is what you get" approach, but they're also the same who will bash something else for not being cozy enough.:rolleyes:

I'm all about bells and whistles. My next machine will have to be at least close to dustproof, but I won't sacrifice production for those perks.

qps
10-11-2008, 08:50 AM
I find it pretty funny how some guys will praise a Takeuchi for it's "tank like build" and "what you see is what you get" approach, but they're also the same who will bash something else for not being cozy enough.:rolleyes:

I'm all about bells and whistles. My next machine will have to be at least close to dustproof, but I won't sacrifice production for those perks.

Just buy the extended warranty on the deere.....right:)

JDSKIDSTEER
10-11-2008, 09:00 AM

Hopefully dust problems will be taken care of next year.

ConstSvcs
10-11-2008, 09:09 AM
I'm with you Picasso, i will keep my 332 and put a pair of headphones on.my couch is way more comfortable than Ron's cat.

Ditto............but I use the expanding foam plugs instead :laugh: I love my Deere for the lifting and pushing power. Yes the cab is small but I have the correct height vs weight ratio for a medium sized guy 5'7"/ 165lbs. :)

I will not disagree that the Deere is much louder than the Tak that I demo'd. I did not try the Cat or ASV since much of my work centers around conditions that would destroy the ASV track system, resulting in MUCH extra cost.

Personally, I felt that the Tak machines overall height was not what I needed and there for the killer on the deal.

The track system, sprocket and idler sizes are of equal quality on the Tak and the Deere.

I want a machine that lasts and has the best value at trade-in........some creature comforts are lacking but these are pieces of construction equipment........intended for moving material...................keep me warm......keep me cool .............and push,dig and lift when I need it too.

crab
10-11-2008, 10:08 AM
thats funny ,the height of the tac was a deal killer for me to.

bobcat_ron
10-11-2008, 10:43 AM
thats funny ,the height of the tac was a deal killer for me to.

Same here.

AWJ Services
10-11-2008, 11:21 AM
I find it pretty funny how some guys will praise a Takeuchi for it's "tank like build" and "what you see is what you get" approach, but they're also the same who will bash something else for not being cozy enough.

Too me Takeuchi has the most comfortable cab because of it's size.
The Deere was terrible.
Way too small.

dozerman21
10-11-2008, 03:55 PM
Too me Takeuchi has the most comfortable cab because of it's size.The Deere was terrible.
Way too small.

The cabs on the Taks are too big for my taste. The same way I like a GM truck's tighter, wraparound interior compared to a Ford's bus like interior. I think the cabs on the Deere's are fine inside, but I do agree they aren't the easiest to get in and out of. I'm used to it and don't mind it, but for someone with a bad hip, back, etc... it could be a *****. Everyone OEM should have a sliding door though like Deere and Tak. To be able to run the machine with the door up is a huge plus to me.

dozerman21
10-11-2008, 04:15 PM
Just buy the extended warranty on the deere.....right:)

Yes! It would be a wise investment. Magic 8 ball told me not to get it.:confused:

RockSet N' Grade
10-11-2008, 06:28 PM
Dozerman!!!!So you are the guy who found my magic 8 ball!! I would have used my Ouigi board to find it, but I lost my glasses and can't see......
I agree on the slide up door on skids.......they should be standard on all skids for convenience and safety......Bells and whistles? I want them all on everything I get. For me, anything to save a moment or step, anything to save my most precious diminishing asset - my body and health.

JDSKIDSTEER
10-11-2008, 06:58 PM
Dozerman!!!!So you are the guy who found my magic 8 ball!! I would have used my Ouigi board to find it, but I lost my glasses and can't see......
I agree on the slide up door on skids.......they should be standard on all skids for convenience and safety......Bells and whistles? I want them all on everything I get. For me, anything to save a moment or step, anything to save my most precious diminishing asset - my body and health.Only problem is you cannot seal or pressurize. And if you run the Deere with the Door up it wears the rollers and door tracks. Deere did not design the doors to work in the up position.:cry:

Canon Landscaping
10-11-2008, 09:26 PM
Only problem is you cannot seal or pressurize. And if you run the Deere with the Door up it wears the rollers and door tracks. Deere did not design the doors to work in the up position.:cry:

My 322's door fell off a couple of days ago, those plastic rollers gave up the ghost with 600hrs on the machine.
I was trapped with a 50lb door on my head for a while.

CAT powered
10-11-2008, 09:36 PM
If you put those dang Deere doors on all machines I would kill someone.

I ran a Deere 332 with a rotary mower on it and hated it. The door stunk. I don't like the way the handle on the outside of the door is placed. The seatbelt only thing with Deere is terrible from a convenience standpoint. With a Deere you have to have the door down to access the overhead controls which is a pain if you stop to talk to someone and you want to shut the machine off. The cab was far too tight for me. I'm 6'0/170 and I just did not fit comfortably. I don't know if the door would've actually hit me, but I felt like I had to duck down every time I wanted to close the door. The lights on the roof got knocked off within the first 5 minutes of mowing around obstacles, and I couldn't see my tracks to save my life while I was mowing.

Not saying that Deere isn't right for some people, but for my money Deere is just not what I'm going to get.

dozerman21
10-12-2008, 01:35 AM
Only problem is you cannot seal or pressurize. And if you run the Deere with the Door up it wears the rollers and door tracks. Deere did not design the doors to work in the up position.:cry:

I think what I should have said was having the ability to open/close the door with the loader arms up. The only time I run my loader with the door up is if it's too dirty to see out of. Your're right, the door tracks do wear out with the door up. I had mine replaced at 400 hours.

mdterp
10-16-2008, 11:07 PM

the negativity!! always with the negativity!!

DUSTYCEDAR
10-16-2008, 11:12 PM
well if we done know what falls off