PDA

View Full Version : Is a ztr bad for your back??

S man
10-11-2008, 03:19 PM
I've been running riders for more than a year now and am having some back problems. Specifically with posture because I look to be an ich or two shorter. It seems like I was fine until I started using my phazer I got in sept. 07 and now my lazer z I got this year. Can running a z for a long time cause back trouble or cause your back to get out of alinement? Is a w/b or stander better? I have owned a used stander before but didn't like standing for a long period of time. But is it better to stand than to sit for your back?

Grits
10-11-2008, 03:34 PM
I have been running a wb with sulky for 2 years. I just bought a Hustler Z. It seems, to me, that the Z is easier on the body. I have the suspension seat and flex forks, too.

punt66
10-11-2008, 03:36 PM
Z is easier on the body. I run a Ferris so i have a suspension though. Look into a suspension seat.

S man
10-11-2008, 03:37 PM
I have been running a wb with sulky for 2 years. I just bought a Hustler Z. It seems, to me, that the Z is easier on the body. I have the suspension seat and flex forks, too.

I guess I should see a chiopractor and learn to sit right when on my mowers.

KrayzKajun
10-11-2008, 03:38 PM
stop slouching LOL

markahurley
10-11-2008, 05:19 PM
I've been running riders for more than a year now and am having some back problems. Specifically with posture because I look to be an ich or two shorter. It seems like I was fine until I started using my phazer I got in sept. 07 and now my lazer z I got this year. Can running a z for a long time cause back trouble or cause your back to get out of alinement? Is a w/b or stander better? I have owned a used stander before but didn't like standing for a long period of time. But is it better to stand than to sit for your back?

an inch or two in one year? that sounds about right. i have a buddy that's been in the business twenty years, and now he's about three feet tall. but look on the bright side. once you retire from the lawn business, you could always travel with the circus!

jkingrph
10-11-2008, 07:24 PM
I went from a lawn tractor to ztr 3 years ago. The ztr is much easier on my back and shoulders, in fact I was having a shoulder problem , bursitis, which was being aggrevated by the constant steering of the lawn tractor. The problem resolved itself after starting to use the ztr.

nmez21
10-11-2008, 07:31 PM
an inch or two in one year? that sounds about right. i have a buddy that's been in the business twenty years, and now he's about three feet tall. but look on the bright side. once you retire from the lawn business, you could always travel with the circus!

Is his name bobby gedd by any chance? :rolleyes:

djflats
10-11-2008, 08:24 PM
I have a CC TANK and it's a rough ride. At times I'd feel it in my back. I put a suspension seat kit on it and it did wonders. I wish CC would make flex forks like Hustler.

djchiodo3
10-11-2008, 08:31 PM
Most comfortable mower I have ever ridden is my Bad Boy Lighting with 4 point suspension with suspension seat.

topsites
10-11-2008, 08:44 PM
All I know it's not good for my back.

nobagger
10-11-2008, 09:16 PM
You younger guys please take my advise.....Keep limber by stretching before and after you work! The best one I know of is when you lay on your stomach, keeping your hips on the ground and try to do a push up. They are called "mackenzie stretches" I avoided a career ending injury by doing these! I spent two weeks on my back doing nothing and weeks of rehab before I could even walk behind a mower!

S man
10-11-2008, 09:20 PM
My back was fine until july of this year. So I was running the phazer and lazer z before this happened. I do like riding and it does save time. Just wondering what I can do about my back and getting the inches I had?

puppypaws
10-11-2008, 10:21 PM
I guess I should see a chiopractor and learn to sit right when on my mowers.

I hope none of you keep anything in your back pockets when riding a mower.

I have a friend that is a chiropractor and he said one of the worse things a person can do is have a billfold in his back pocket when staying in the seat of anything for a period of time.

He said people that ride in golf carts also experience these problems. The added height on one side throws you spine out of alignment, then you add all the bouncing and you have a recipe for disc problems.

mississippiturf
10-11-2008, 11:14 PM
I've had two back surgeries. I still have a bulging disc in my mid-back. I ordered my Lazer Z with a suspension seat and have had no problems. Best investment I believed I've made in my lawn care business.

Leaf Jockey
10-11-2008, 11:25 PM
I don't know if a z is better or worse than any other rider but I know the surgeon said if something didn't change I would be back under his knife. Over twenty years on this type of equipment and one pothole sent me to the hospital. I felt fine before it happened. You younger guys should give that some thought.

Scott