PDA

View Full Version : Replaced motor on jd 737

24/48
10-11-2008, 05:27 PM
Just got my mower back today. I replaced my motor on my jd 737 that blew last week. They replaced it with the newer 23 hp kawi and did some other maintenance to while in there - front wheel bearing, spindles, belts, idler pulley, etc... The guy at the jd house ended up saving me about $800 off the original price. Just wanted to say the new ride is awesome. You never know how bad it is until it is running right. I had given up on ol deere but now back to loving it. The mower is running great and cant wait to mow next week. Go deere.

QualityLawnCare4u
10-11-2008, 06:21 PM
Yes, I'm very familiar with the 737 engine problems!

ixlr8
10-11-2008, 07:38 PM
I am looking at a used 727a, what are the issues with the 737 and is it possible the 727 has the same issues?

TIA

QualityLawnCare4u
10-11-2008, 07:52 PM
I have not heard of any problems with the 727 with premature engine failure. The 727 has a vertical while the 737 has the horizontal shaft engine. If I could fine a brand new 717/727 I would not be scared of either but not any other deere model.

24/48
10-11-2008, 10:09 PM
I heard that they are having alot of problems with the new model that replaced the 737, don't remember the model number. I have been happy with my 737 until last week, now I have learned about all the problems, and how expensive it is to repair. Although I really like my jd, if I have any more problems its gone and I am going to buy a scag. Went a test drove one last week when I was just about to throw away the jd because of the price of the motor. They worked with me but now I know what my next mower will be.

QualityLawnCare4u
10-11-2008, 10:42 PM
I heard that they are having alot of problems with the new model that replaced the 737, don't remember the model number. I have been happy with my 737 until last week, now I have learned about all the problems, and how expensive it is to repair. Although I really like my jd, if I have any more problems its gone and I am going to buy a scag. Went a test drove one last week when I was just about to throw away the jd because of the price of the motor. They worked with me but now I know what my next mower will be.

Very wise decision. I too, was a die hard deere fan until the last month of owning a 737 and dealing with a top notch crook of a dealer!