PDA

View Full Version : bought my first walker today...

JShe8918
10-11-2008, 06:01 PM
I bought a used 2006 walker mt20 with a 42" ghs deck. The total mower has 102 hours. It does not show any noticeable problems. The only things i noticed was.... hydros need adjusting (pulls slightly to the right). needs servicing and greasing, along with new blades. The other bad is it doesn't have the 9.5 bushel hopper and no low profile tires. I found my lines weaving down the yard will it be easier to make straight lines once the hydros have been adjusted? And roughly what do you think i should have paid for this machine. I have a feeling that i paid a little to much. Thanks and happy reading...

johnnyusa
10-11-2008, 07:21 PM
Good Luck with Mower nothing better in my opinion. Sounds like its almost brand new, I would call walker Mfg. Give them the ser# and model# and they will probably send you out a couple manuals to help you out. They are nice to deal with and bruce and kyle are very knowledgeable.hope this helps.

John

dishboy
10-12-2008, 07:26 AM
You can also Go to Walkers site for online manuals for every machine they make.

bakerc8
10-12-2008, 10:32 AM
what size hpoer dose it have

Turf Dawg
10-12-2008, 10:54 AM
Congrats on your mower purchase and welcome to the Walker club. Be sure and check the air psi in the tires before you adjust the hydros {book calls for 15psi}. If you need a 42" mulch deck give me a P.M.

KS_Grasscutter
10-12-2008, 11:03 AM
Congrats on your mower purchase and welcome to the Walker club. Be sure and check the air psi in the tires before you adjust the hydros {book calls for 15psi}. If you need a 42" mulch deck give me a P.M.

How much do you want for it?

Turf Dawg
10-12-2008, 11:22 AM
How much do you want for it?

PM sent. I do not want to jump on this persons thread.

BarrFarms
10-12-2008, 12:54 PM
Congratulations. As for price somewhere around $6000-7500 I would think. That's probably low tho. As for the hopper you will be able to trim closer and if the you clear the object, the hopper will too. The 9.5 is too big for me, I have several trees with lower limbs and what not. Steering adjustment is easy, take a 3/8" wrench to the rod below the right steering leaver at the front of the machine, and loosen the nut at the end of the rod.

LawnMowerKing10
10-12-2008, 01:11 PM
any pics of your whole setup?

JShe8918
10-12-2008, 03:10 PM
Thanx guys. It has a few little fixers it needs a new wheels on the back of the deck and one below the hopper on the corner. Blades for these things... I just ordered from express mower parts 6 pairs of medium lift blades what do you guys run and do the blades rotate in toward the center or out toward the deck sides. I do not currently have any equipment pictures but this week is going to be slow so i hope to clean everything up real nice and take a few. Sorry for so many questions but roughly how much does a 52" GHS cost??? or is 20hp not enough to run it comforatably.

Turf Dawg
10-12-2008, 04:10 PM
On the GHS decks they all turn toward the inside of the deck, except for the new 52ghs it rotatates to the outside. I have never ran anything except the factory blades. I have heard the 52 does better with the bigger blower and more hp. During the spring and fall with heavy dew I have found that the big hole screen works great.

truthnlife13
10-12-2008, 04:27 PM
based on your details I would guess 7500 - 8k. The one I got is older. It is a 99 with 1300 hours on it. New bigger blower runs great and cuts great. Just finished going thru it. Hydros and motor are in great shape. I paid $2500

JShe8918
10-12-2008, 04:48 PM
i paid 6100 for the one i got plus the tax and auctioneer fee so i think it was $6802 and some change. I must be over looking this bolt i need to go and take another look for it.

JShe8918
10-14-2008, 02:53 PM
I am HATING this mower.... i was in the middle of a yard and was so tired of the mower i loaded it up and used my scag.... The thing started tracking worse, clumping and the damn hopper filled up every three to five minutes!!!! The grass was thick saint augustine and i was cutting off probably about an inch if that..... Makes me so mad...

johnnyusa
10-14-2008, 03:22 PM
Id take it to a dealer and have it checked. I did a lawn with mine over a 1/2acre with leaves all over . I cut it 1st with the back door open , then i closed it and vacuumed it all up in one box and a half.I have the 9.5 bushel catcher I saved over 2hrs of raking and tarping, plus everything got crushed into small pieces. Dont give up yet ive had scags and lazer z's and i like this better..

truthnlife13
10-14-2008, 03:49 PM
I am HATING this mower.... i was in the middle of a yard and was so tired of the mower i loaded it up and used my scag.... The thing started tracking worse, clumping and the damn hopper filled up every three to five minutes!!!! The grass was thick saint augustine and i was cutting off probably about an inch if that..... Makes me so mad...

I got a '99 with 1300hrs on it the other day it has been incredible !

BarrFarms
10-14-2008, 05:42 PM
I would take that mower to the dealer, I have been unsuccesful in clogging mine unless there is really heavy dew and really tall crabgrass involved. The large screen will help, but seems to suck hp.