PDA

View Full Version : looked at the red hawk mowers.

dura to the max
10-11-2008, 11:46 PM
i took a look at a red hawk lawn mower the other day at the fair. i know many on here dont like the fact that they are built in china, but they seem to be a pretty solid piece of equipment. deck seemed to be built just as well as its name brand counterparts, with the construction of the rest of the machine rivaling that of its name brand competitors. the only thing about this mower that seemed to be lighter duty than a toro for instance was the handlebars, but seemed to be a great machine overall. i probably wont buy one because of the dealer here in town, and i doubt that they will ever be one of the big boys with any great innovations to their respective industry, but i was impressed with the mowers nevertheless. i would have no issue buying one if the price was right either.

KrayzKajun
10-11-2008, 11:52 PM
i have one! it works grate when i have a large backyard with a small gate.

ive cut some realy overgrown lots with it!!!

dura to the max
10-11-2008, 11:52 PM
just thought i post to give some insight on what i saw firsthand since they dont seem to be out at the dealerships too much.

dura to the max
10-12-2008, 12:00 AM
i have one! it works grate when i have a large backyard with a small gate.

ive cut some realy overgrown lots with it!!!

which one is it? hp? deck size? and how does it handle a sulky?

KrayzKajun
10-12-2008, 12:02 AM
which one is it? hp? deck size? and how does it handle a sulky?

i have the 32" with the 13hp briggs. it pulls a sulky great. i have no complaints, it saved my a$$ a few times when i had a ztr go down for maintenance!

dura to the max
10-12-2008, 12:06 AM
how are they to deal with? are they as reliable as BOP (company that is)? did you buy direct from the company or from a dealer? if from the company how was the transaction?

KrayzKajun
10-12-2008, 12:20 AM
i bought mine from friend! he bought it new and then broke his foot 2days after it came in. So he sold it to me!

Wittapp
10-12-2008, 12:35 AM
I have the 32 with the 10.5 briggs. I have had no problems with the handle bars. Mine is a cold hearted gal, starts hard first time. I have found that closing the fuel valve under the tank helps that. I do need to shorten the springs on the safety controls on the handle bars. It has become my primary machine. I bought mine from a dealer and have had no problems getting parts. I have not put a sulkey on mine, but am considering it. I am just wondering if the 10.5 will handle it. I am only 160# so, I think it would do fine.
Dave in Dayton

airsoftamazon
12-11-2009, 11:49 PM
Stupid question, can you raise of lower the deck? or at least adjust it somehow? Never did think about that.

delphied
12-12-2009, 08:51 AM
One of our so called "finest" wants to buy a Chinese mower for his part time job. Only in America.

grassman177
12-12-2009, 11:48 AM
One of our so called "finest" wants to buy a Chinese mower for his part time job. Only in America.

i agree, get a real mower and stop supporting those commy bastards