PDA

View Full Version : any advise on driveway stains.

thegreek
10-12-2008, 01:15 AM
I was wondering what works best that i can buy at any store that works good on oil stains on driveways. and could someone explain the way they take care of them meaning what tips and how long they let there concentration sit and im using cold water 3000psi 2.7gpm should i buy a srubbing brush tip and what should it be used for?

Tegrey
10-21-2008, 12:50 PM
I would advise going to a hot machine if you plan on oil removal. This will save time and labor.

Russ Spence
12-08-2008, 12:30 AM
spot spray oil and grease with caustic soda mix and wash with hot water and rinse, remember to neutralize with a safe citric acid solution

SealCoatPlus
12-08-2008, 07:26 AM
when i get to a drive way with oil on it i gen heat with a torch careful not to melt drive. than i hit with an oil spot primer. oil digs down in to asphalt and i dont think you will be able to get it out well all the way might clean the top but every time it rains it will come back. and a de greaser will only help to trash the asphalt even more being that it is made from oil.

Russ Spence
12-08-2008, 08:25 AM
I dont believe anyone was talking about asphalt driveways, we are talking about concrete. It is not a good idea to heat any oil spot with a torch either. Seeing as how it is a flamable substance you are heating up but to each his own, some of the methods you guys use are killing me (hopefully not others as well)

SealCoatPlus
12-08-2008, 01:45 PM
yeah that is the norm up here we even clean cracks with a heat lance 2600 deg cleans every thing right out