PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver

tpirobert
02-09-2002, 12:22 AM
Anybody use Dreamweaver by Macromedia to design their website? If so, any suggestions/comments/helpful books etc. I am new to the program AND new to web design. Thanks

Robert

crazygator
02-10-2002, 11:53 AM
Go to http://www.lynda.com they have many good and easy to follow books, cd's and video's for dreamweaver. I have some stuff from there and it worked out really good. I love to use dreamweaver, so check it out and I hope this helps!

tpirobert
02-10-2002, 06:33 PM
Thanks Crazygator. Took a quick look at the site and some of their offerings. Turorials, books, discusson boards.....just what I need. Thanks again.

Robert

Lawn Wizard
02-14-2002, 11:22 AM
on anysearch engine search for free dreamweaver tutorials and you will find a wealth of information. I know dreamweaver isnt the easiest program to leran but once you get it down it will be worth it.

aquaturf
02-28-2002, 06:24 PM
Dreamweaver is great, but tough to learn if you don't know much about how to structure a web site. Try learning on FrontPage (it is probably already on your computer you use a Windows system). You will quickly outgrow Frontpage but it is easy to use and gives you a good footing to move to Dreamweaver. To make a really good site in Dreamweaver, you should learn Photoshop, and that is tricky.

So, in a nutshell, DW is great once you get some experience in FrontPage. Don't buy DW until you have a good idea what is going on with HTML and how to lay out a site. Good luck..

KirbysLawn
03-02-2002, 02:35 AM
Been playing around with it a little, not the easiest to learn. Next time you see me on MSN Messenger send me a note and I'll hook you up.

Ray

Groundcover Solutions
03-06-2002, 05:48 PM
I got dream waver a few months ago and then i got fireworks and flash to go along with it. I am stell mastering them all but one you get the hang of it you can do some pretty cool stuff. I used www.cbtcafe.com to learn some basics it is free and they have quicktime movies if you want to wach rather than read.
Just my 2 cents.