PDA

View Full Version : mirrior lawn

dfdsuperduty
10-12-2008, 06:10 PM
Has anyone ever worked for them how are they on paying.... they contacted me about doing one of the local targets for snow and lawn

DLCS
10-12-2008, 07:20 PM
Where they from? Large company?

dfdsuperduty
10-12-2008, 11:21 PM
It almost reminds me of a us maint or valley type company here is a link to their web site http://www.mirrorlawn.com/index.html

Kennedy Landscaping
10-12-2008, 11:24 PM
I would do anything to get a commercial account. I figure if somehow I can get just one account along one of our main streets here in town that would be good advertising for me.

dfdsuperduty
10-12-2008, 11:32 PM
I have the room to add the account it is just a matter of this being a company that may take 60-75 days to pay

Lawnut101
10-13-2008, 12:07 AM
Sign a contract with the length of time that they have to pay in it. What did they say when you asked them about it?

dfdsuperduty
10-13-2008, 12:38 AM
they contacted me to submit a bid for the snow and lawn. I was just curious if anyone else has delt with them wanted to see if they pay within 30-45 like most normal b2b

DLCS
10-13-2008, 01:20 AM
I don't know, something seems hokey to me. Pics of equipment on their website is from manufacturer sites. A company as large as them, doesn't take credit cards. I could be wrong but beware. Remember the whole SMG thing a couple years back, some guys still haven't been paid for work performed two years ago.

DuallyVette
10-13-2008, 01:40 AM
I wouldn't sub from any of them. Not worth the risk. IMHO

Chill
10-13-2008, 05:21 AM
I'm still smiling. I knew right away you were talking about the infamous Mirror lawn I currently am under contract with even though your spelling was a little off. I placed a bid on an old wal-mart they refer to as "dark wal-mart" that is now leased to Tractor Supply. I am in Oklahoma and they are out of TN. They have a fairly comprehensive scope of work on their contracts which requires you to really look into your costs. Pruning,spraying,trash and debris...anyways I do the leg work for my bid and turn in $375 per cut and assume bi-weekly frequency as this is mostly a ditch area. They call and ask is the bid for the month or cut even though I clearly specified per cut. They say and do have a large corporate account basis and say they are on a budget for $450/month. The property was extensively overgrown so I said I wanted a $350/initial cut and settled on the $450 as it is a yearly account and I thought just to pick up trash twice a month $450 wouldn't be bad in the winter. They had the budget for $300 only for the initial. I can't work for free so I tried to cut about every 3 weeks. This resulted in Tractor Supply complaining (Manager hates me because of previous equipment squabble...long story) about a section of slope that cannot and has never been mowed even when it was Wal-Mart. I ended up having to haggle over a measly $150 for the trim work as I had said I will not maintain anything to the south of a certain point in my original contract. During this squabble they threatened not to pay me for the previous month of August(they pay on month behind ex:Aug in Sept.) because they would have to get someone else immediately or lose their entire Wal-Mart contract. Other than all this and the fact that I don't like having to wait an extra month when I email the invoice at the beginning, things have been fairly smooth. They're properties go up for bid every Jan-Feb so please let me know how things go and if you can get any more than $450 out of them. Oh yeah and expect plenty of requests for before and after pics.

Meadowbrook
10-27-2008, 09:08 PM
Well, we take care of a local Target store for them. Overall, it hasn't been too bad, they pay on time & don't squabble too much (except after they ask you for your bid) Long story short, they asked us for a bid the beginning of this past year, some hindu guy called & griped about the price. So, we didn't get it for as little as they wanted to pay. Well, turns out that the co. they contracted with defaulted on their contract & lost the job....so we were called back in at our price (except they didn't approve our mulching bid). Funny how that works....well, all I can say is that you must read their contract VERY carefully, because if there is something in there that you can get screwed on, you will. When I looked at this property, it was mid August, only the weeds were green, not the lawn. So, I bid it for all maintenance except the irrigation winterization. MISTAKE! Turns out that the system was turned on in the Spring for startup, shut back off because previous co. never submitted a bid to fix broken heads & now I must winterize the system because it's included in my contracted price (even though Target pays extra for this service). Kinda sucks, but oh well, we'll take a hit. And FYI (please don't compete against us if you're around here & reading this, haha) I know for a fact Mirror Lawn has really pissed off Target with most of their stores. Who knows how long they will have them....might only be till the end of the year....never know....Just my .02 & sorry for such a long post.

Chris

dfdsuperduty
10-27-2008, 10:20 PM
I got a call today from mirror "your bid looked good however we were not awarded the contract thanks for looking at the property".

Danielslawnservice
10-28-2008, 12:38 AM
http://www.mirrorlawn.com/page4.html
man that's a pimping mower 'state of the art equipment'

Hawg City Lawns
10-28-2008, 10:46 AM
make sure youre getting a fair cut because if youre contracted out theyll take a percentage of the earnings

DLCS
10-28-2008, 10:51 AM
There is a Mirror lawn on this site, don't know if he is employed by this same compnay?