PDA

View Full Version : Recent boulder step job

MRBsx2
10-12-2008, 10:31 PM
Here is a few pics of a job i completed back in august, all natural rock.

akb25
10-13-2008, 07:49 PM
Looks great!

I really like the outcrop/boulders halfway down the stairs.

It provides a visual break in that long stair case.

The job fits the site well, good job.

fool32696
10-13-2008, 08:43 PM
How can you keep mulch on a job like that? I'd think more groundcover would help with soil stabilization. Looks great though.

flairland
10-13-2008, 09:12 PM
Looks good, gorgeous property!!

oakhillslandscaping
10-13-2008, 09:16 PM
nice that fits in that property perfectly

MRBsx2
10-13-2008, 09:35 PM
Thanks! The owners had no idea what i was doing when i was working there they just couldnt picture how it was going to look, and now that it is done they love it. The mulch stays where it is suppose to it is a steep slop but we have had some very hard rains since this job was completed back in the middle of august and there have not been any wash outs. the grade difference from the top of the driveway to the pond pier was 17 feet.

CALandscapes
10-13-2008, 10:56 PM
Looks great.

Only suggestion I have would be to bring a bed around the front of the house; it's kind of "empty."

Scarlawnturf
10-14-2008, 06:18 AM
MRBsx2,
I couldn't believe it when I looked at this thread. The property belongs to my grandmothers sister and her husband. They have hosted an annual family reunion there for years. It was always difficult walking down the hill to the fishing and paddleboat pond. It really complements the pool and pavilion which can't be seen in the pictures. Great job! I run a small lawn and turf business out of Forest Hill, where are you located?

neversatisfiedj
10-14-2008, 08:38 AM
How much were the step material for that job ?

MRBsx2
10-14-2008, 09:06 PM
i couldnt bring the bed around that side of the house the driveway gos up through there.
Scarlawn... its a small world, pretty cool u know where this job is u can appreciate how bad this hillside needed this stairway, im buddies with the grandsons that run the farm now. i also did a paver job over at the pool and a wall also i will post some pictures. Im in the whitehall jarrettsville area do all hardscaping, stone masonry, brick & block work and excavating.

Josh, the boulder steps where around 2,700 plus u have the CR6 cost think i used 20 tons....The boulders half way down the steps are from the property down in a woods we did not have to buy them.