PDA

View Full Version : Hunza comparison brands?

GrazerZ
10-13-2008, 12:05 AM
First off. Until recently I have not even heard of hunza. I have a line on a great lighting job, but the landscape architect likes the hunza line. For you in the know. Is hunza kinda the top dog or how do they compare to other companies that I am more familiar with like, vista and cast?
The job is on the ocean so salt tolerance is a must. Thank you.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
10-13-2008, 12:57 AM
I have used a number of different Hunza Fixtures over the past few years with great sucess. Like most manufacturers they have some really great product and some mediocre stuff too. They are known for their stainless steel and copper billet products and these are the top shelf stuff. I like their Copper "Downlite" DL-COP, Copper "Wallspot" WS-Cop, and the entire line of "Path Lite" PL-1 to Pl-4. Their square and round Louver Step Lite and Floor Lite are also top knotch stuff.

I am not a big fan of NPS spot or the Spike Spot for various reasons.

If you are looking for Stainless Steel fixtures Hunza is probably one of the better products on the market. Their copper line is also excellent. Be prepared for some sticker shock though as these are truly spec. grade products in form, function and price. There are a number of Asian knock-offs of the stainless steel line, but once you pick the two products up side by side you will quickly be able to tell which is the Hunza.

Have a great day.

NightScenes
10-24-2008, 12:23 PM
Hunza, HK, Vision 3 and Teka are all very high quality products.

JoeyD
10-24-2008, 01:09 PM
And Unique!!!!

www.uniquelighting.com

How you doin Paul!!? Long time no see!!

NightScenes
10-29-2008, 11:43 AM
Oops I forgot Unique!! I'm good Joey, just been busy with promotions and I went to the Janet Moyer class.

JoeyD
10-29-2008, 12:15 PM
Glad your staying busy!! Let me know if you need anything!!