PDA

View Full Version : too much dust in intake filter- gehl ctl70

turboawd
10-13-2008, 12:11 AM
the air filter in my gehl ctl70 (takeuchi) gets dirty real quick. my dealer said that i could cut a hole on the engine cover, and plumb a tube up and out of the engine compartment and put a "swirling" air cap(dont know what they're called exactly) on top, which supposedly "spins" the dirt out.
anyone use this? any better idea?

AWJ Services
10-13-2008, 07:14 AM
How many hours does it take too get dirty?
It stays really dusty here and I have not had a problem or maybe I am and do not know it.LOL
I will pull mine today and look.

Digdeep
10-13-2008, 02:42 PM
the air filter in my gehl ctl70 (takeuchi) gets dirty real quick. my dealer said that i could cut a hole on the engine cover, and plumb a tube up and out of the engine compartment and put a "swirling" air cap(dont know what they're called exactly) on top, which supposedly "spins" the dirt out.
anyone use this? any better idea?

You are referring to an air pre-cleaner. There are a couple different types. One is sorta like a 'bowl" that traps dust before it enters your filter housing and the other has fins internal to it that spin from the force of the air being pulled into the filter. I think the name of one manufacturer is Cyclone. I think that ASV has one standard on their PT-100.

KTM
10-13-2008, 05:33 PM
I priced out A CTL70 last year and the salesman said that there was A intake kit that I should buy with the machine that relocates it from buy the tracks to up higher, might want to look in to it.

accurate machinery
10-14-2008, 11:09 PM
Usually I see the Donaldson pre-cleaner used by skid steer manufacturers. When you see the dirt accumulate in the clear bowl you just dump it out. It will relocate above the engine, sometimes still inside the engine compartment and definitely cut down on the dirt that goes to your air filter. This is one page I quickly found on the net: http://store.airflo.com/h001249.html