PDA

View Full Version : Transplanting Trees

CASEBoy89
10-13-2008, 11:09 AM
When is the best time to transplant some trees in the fall? We dont really deal with trees but a client has asked if we could transplant about 10 trees that her husband started in a garden area and now they are about two years old and she would like the transplanted round the yard. Also should i add fertilizer or anything like that.

STI LAWN
10-13-2008, 11:34 AM
Late fall is the best time to transplant. Wait until the leaves just fall off or are close to falling off. Make sure that you dig the root ball plenty big enough. For every inch of caliber you need to have at least one foot of root ball. (2" caliber - min 24" root ball) Good clean cuts on the roots as well.

Best fert. to use is Tree Saver because it has terra gel in it. Also make sure that they keep the tree watered the following summer because they have a better chance of going into stress after transplanted.

CASEBoy89
10-13-2008, 11:37 AM
where can i get the Tree Saver Fert.

STI LAWN
10-13-2008, 11:41 AM
I use Fisher and Son for all my ferts but you just want to make sure you get something that is a slow release and I like to use something with terra gel in it but you don't have to.