PDA

View Full Version : Husqvarna 225 R

pranshaw
10-13-2008, 03:37 PM
A friend of mine gave me a Husqvarna 225R trimmer with the bike handle bars. He told me that he didn't want it because due to the flexable shaft he couldn't put a blade on the end of it. I haven't taken it apart to see what kind of shaft it actually has but looked at the manual online and it gives blades as optional accessories. My question would be am I going to tear this machine up if I put a brush blade on it or will it be fine? I also have a Stihl FS90 that I could put a blade on but I would rather leave it with the regular loop handle as apposed to the bike bars so I would really like to put the blade on the Husqvarna.

Thanks,
Pete

saw man
10-13-2008, 03:41 PM
I dont remember that machine ever having a flex shaft.

jkilov
10-13-2008, 05:49 PM
It is a brushcutter and can handle a blade. No worries about that.

I suggest you don't put it on the fs90, the extra power you don't need. What you want is bike handles to push away the tall freshly cut grass.

pranshaw
10-13-2008, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the help gentleman...

George Mason
10-19-2008, 07:18 PM
I put a brush blade on my FS90 every once in a while to clean up poke-berry and briar patches and I don't put the handle bars on it. We even have old brush cutters with the handle bars and I still use the FS90, dealer said it was no problem at all for it and it cuts nicely too.