PDA

View Full Version : Ordering Cyclone Rake Tomorrow

TimsLawnCareVA
10-13-2008, 09:51 PM
I am ordering a new Cyclone Rake tomorrow before the sale ends and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on which one to buy. Planning on getting the XL, but have heard some say to get one of the smaller ones. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

schunklawn
10-13-2008, 09:55 PM
i have the xl with the leaf unloader and i have it mounted to my dixie chopper...i will never do another cleanup without one in my line up. I highly recommend the cyclone rake and i would also recommend getting the xl. it has a bunch of power and you can pack a ton of leaves in the xl size bag...overall its an unreal machine to have in you arsenal.

cjleblanc
10-14-2008, 06:15 AM
I just started using the comercial I bought it for a cemetery I take care of tons of leaves works better then I thought it would. This thing is great.

grasswhacker
10-14-2008, 07:59 AM
Pretty expensive. How do you plan on attaching it to a ZTR, or are you going to put it behind a lawn tractor?

macaw
10-14-2008, 08:17 AM
I have had one for the last 8 years it is the small one. The only one at that time. I first had it hooked to a riding lawn tractor. The last 2 years I have had it hooked to a Scag Tiger Cub this made it a little long. So if you have a lot of small yards or a lot of tight places to get into go with a smaller one if not go for the big one. I been thinking of getting the bigger one but this one still works. Get the pickup and up loader hose. I don't do leaves without it.

LarryF
10-14-2008, 09:15 AM
Pretty expensive. How do you plan on attaching it to a ZTR, or are you going to put it behind a lawn tractor?

I have one for my ZTR and the hook-up is about the same as that for a lawn tractor. I didn't think it was as expensive as the vacuum attachment Exmark sells for its ZTRs, and I believe it is far superior for leaf pickup. Even using it as a homeowner, it paid for itself the first year I had it. Now that I've had it a few years, it's paid for itself several times over. What I really appreciate about it is that it takes up almost no room in my garage during the seasons its not being used. That's not the case for the plastic monstrosities the ZTR manufacturers offer for leaf clean-up. It's really a great investment, in my opinion. Why every LCO who does leaf clean-up doesn't use a Cyclone Rake is something that baffles me.