PDA

View Full Version : Hanging lights around windows

Grass Man Floyd
10-14-2008, 10:25 AM
Here's a question- How would I hang lights around windows?

stressed
10-14-2008, 08:41 PM
you could use duct tape,but i would paint the gray side the color you are taping it to so it wont look terrible in daylite,you really dont want to drill holes..maybe staple gun would work well.they leave little holes

TXNSLighting
10-14-2008, 09:22 PM
That is the worst advise i have ever heard...

David Gretzmier
10-14-2008, 10:34 PM
2 methods-

cheap and fast-I use an outdoor coated screw at each corner on the outside of the trim. leave it out about 1 inch, and wrap a tight sqaure at least 2-3 times around.

nice, expensive and professional- i'm trying the liteclip strip this year installed permanently with mini-light clips to hold the sockets of minilights in the liteclip strip track. the track looks like trim if installed properly, and can be painted to match home.

stressed
10-15-2008, 08:27 PM
That is the worst advise i have ever heard...

hey i dont do it for a living,lots of people use staples.Didnt hear any suggestion from you..hmmmmmmmmmm

Jason Rose
10-15-2008, 09:49 PM
http://www.wind-o-light.com/

Or, use furring strips (1"x2") and build simple frames around the window, use a couple hooks or small nails to hang the frames, staple the lights to the wood frames.

TXNSLighting
10-15-2008, 11:37 PM
hey i dont do it for a living,lots of people use staples.Didnt hear any suggestion from you..hmmmmmmmmmm

I was refering to duct tape...They make hooks for this type of thing.

turf hokie
10-16-2008, 06:46 AM
Why is nobody suggesting window clips. Plastic clips the minis fit into with 3m tape on the back. They go on the glass and at the end of the season you remove them. Never know you were there.

Duct tape, staples in a window, sounds like something a homeowner would do. Why not scotch tape it is opaque at least.:hammerhead:

hotrod1965
10-16-2008, 09:30 AM
I was just going to say use the mini C clips with the tape backs. They will snap into each bulb so you have a nice straight line.

stressed
10-17-2008, 07:28 PM
I was refering to duct tape...They make hooks for this type of thing.

Maaan,dont you know...duct tape can fix anything,doctors use it:cool2: