PDA

View Full Version : John Deere JX75 User tips and tricks!

tyler_mott85
10-14-2008, 01:48 PM
Had a couple tips for any of you JX75 people out there that you may or maynot already be aware of.

The biggest issue I have with my JX was the ride height control. You would hit a bump and the aluminum deck would begin to round out and the lever would bump down to a lower setting. Well I checked with my JD dealer and you can buy the Height adjusters from the JX85 mowers but they wanted $50 a corner!:dizzy: I figured I could come up with something better then that for a lot cheaper!

When I started to investigate why it would happening I found a couple things.
First on the rear. The drive system is held together with a steel plate that rests on the outside of the rear part of the deck. With the angle of the control lever at two or three setting the steel plate was actually pushing the height adjuster out away from the deck body. I took an angle grinder and removed some of this excess steel plate and now the height controller is at the correct angle and the little pin sits all the way into the aluminum cut-outs. No more problem in the back!

It was also happening in the front.

That was called from the height adjuster lever being angled towards the deck. The lever was actually hitting the top of the deck keeping the pin from setting deeply into the cutout. I took out my handy dandy angle grinder and ground about 1/8" off the top of the deck until the pin would sit deeply in the cutout. That fixes that too! A little JD green paint and poof! looks good and functions properly! :cool2:

Now if only I could find a bigger bag... Any one?

lawnboy dan
10-15-2008, 08:32 PM
yhanks for the tips-i love these mowers and feel they are the best ever made.

bob
10-15-2008, 09:50 PM
Here's a link that I posted on , look at post #33 http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=34239&highlight=jx75+height&page=4

The adjuster bracket was $4

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2913&stc=1&d=1032732407

Jason Rose
10-15-2008, 10:30 PM
Bob, I have the front adjuster brackets, didn't know they made them for the rear. Though I've never had a problem with loose adjusters, and my John Deere is almost an antique (a 14SB).

For a little larger bag, there IS an option, but I can't gurantee you will find one... A read grass ctacher from a LawnBoy M-series commercial. They fit pretty well, other than some gap at the top where the catcher frame hooks to the rear of the mower. They aren't a LOT bigger, but it's noticable.

dwc
10-16-2008, 12:05 AM
accelerator that is a sponsor here has a large aluminum catcher for the jx75. I also have used a TON of those steel plates to fix the worn aluminum and they work well.

Cooter
10-16-2008, 05:07 AM
Where do you get those adjuster brackets?

bob
10-16-2008, 05:51 PM
Where do you get those adjuster brackets?

I got them at the John Deere dealer. When the bagger is full, and you hit a bump, sometimes the adjuster levers just out of their slot. With these brackets, they stay put.

Cooter
10-17-2008, 12:03 AM
These are the ones you are getting for $4? Have a part #.

dwc
10-17-2008, 12:48 AM
AM116809-left rear, AM116808-rear right both around $41 each.
M116193BLE-left front, M116192BLE-right front both around $10 each.

I didn't remember the back being that expensive but thats what jdparts.deere.com is showing. BTW, you have to look these up as a jx85 which is the commercial version of the jx75.

dwc
10-17-2008, 12:54 AM
just checked again and the rear plates that are actual "wear plates" for a 14sb that will work for the jx75 are # M116090. They are $9 each!

Cooter
10-17-2008, 11:59 PM
Thanks for the information. $9 or $10 aint so bad. $41 is ridiculous. The part numbers will help the helpless counter person.

xlaxx
05-14-2011, 01:53 PM
I know this is an older post,...

1) I was wondering if installing these plates M116193BLE, M116192BLE, and (2x)
M116090 would increase the heigth of the deck?

2) I own (2) JX75's and was curious if they would install easily or not on the JX75? Is there some sort of modification to be made and will the wheels bolt right back on? I would think that the axle would not be long enought to accommodate the extra spacing needed for the plate?

Thanks!
XLAXX

bob
05-14-2011, 02:19 PM
They were real easy to install. I think each bracket had 2 bolts. I'll try to get a close -up photo for you.

xlaxx
05-14-2011, 02:54 PM
Hi Bob. Thanks for the quick response.
I was wondering if installing the side guards would be worthwhile?
I just checked JD Parts and there is a front deflector for the JX75 as well. It says EXPORT,... so not sure if available.

In regards to the heigth plates,...
1) Did you see an increase in deck heigth?,... or specifically heigth of grass cut?

2) Were there additional bolts that came with the adjustment plates to fit to the deck?

Thank you and please post some pics.
xlaxx

xlaxx
05-14-2011, 02:57 PM
The reason why I am researching this is that the JX75 will bog down when cutting wet long grass. I found that with the mulch plug inserted, the BBC started to slip and not engage. If one could lift the deck height, it would not get bogged down so easy,... or,... I guess you could implement the side chute accessory as well?

xlaxx

xlaxx
05-14-2011, 03:04 PM
Here's a link that I posted on , look at post #33 http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=34239&highlight=jx75+height&page=4

The adjuster bracket was $4

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2913&stc=1&d=1032732407

Hey Bob-
Where did you secure the HD brackets from for $4?
I am sure that white, part # sticker on the side has worn off by now,... LOL

xlaxx

bob
05-14-2011, 05:30 PM
The brackets are from a Deere JX85. I got them from my Deere dealer. It does not affect the cutting height. They merely holds the adjuster in the proper slot . Sometimes with a heavy bagger of grass, the adjusters would slip into a lower setting. There are 2 bolts holding them on.

xlaxx
05-14-2011, 07:55 PM
Thank you for the pic Bob.
So, in fact your mower is the JX-75 and from the pics it looks as if the holes in the plate are even with the holes in the deck. I was hoping to get some more lift but alas, I will need to stay at 3.5".

Are the guards that come on the JX85 worthy of purchase? Also, how about the add-on oil filter kit? I was curious to know how many hours between filter changes?

Thanks again.
xlaxx

dwc
05-15-2011, 12:10 AM
The oil filters are a waste of $ imho. Keep the oil changed regularly and I don't think you can kill one of the kawasakis.
Also if your bbc is slipping I would be saving up money for a new one cause it won't last long at all. They are a real bear to change but can be done if you are mechanically inclined. If you sign up at jdparts.com you will have access to all parts and pricing as well as parts diagrams.
Posted via Mobile Device