PDA

View Full Version : New Lawn Boy commercial 21"

dishboy
10-14-2008, 02:23 PM
Anybody own the new Lawnboy commercial 21 with the Honda GSV engine. Looks like it would mulch well, have tons of power and is very light. . Plastic cased one speed gearbox and Honda's light duty commercial engine raise durability questions . Any users out there with feedback.

dishboy
10-14-2008, 02:38 PM
http://www.lawn-boy.com/productinfo/mowers/commercial/22271.html
The one I saw at local shop has one speed tranny.

Roger
10-14-2008, 10:41 PM
Do a search for the LB 22271 mower. Much has been said on LS about these machines. The only problem is what has been said is in the form of a question: Anybody seen this new mower?

I've posted some of my findings. The most recent is that most likely none of these will be available until next Spring. LB made a few machines available last Fall, then some more in the Spring. But, a lack of Honda engines dried up production. Apparently a few were made earlier this Summer, but any supply for dealer inventory was next to zero.

I do know somebody on LS who bought two in the Spring, but he has said nothing about the experiences. A PM hasn't produced any useful information either -- his crew was running them, and he didn't know how they were liked, how they worked, or much else. I know one LCO in my area that bought one in late Winter, and have seen him one time with it in the field. I got very little useful information from his crew member who was running it. I asked about the ground speed control, and was given an "OK," without a willingness to elaborate. This was my big hangup in late Winter when I had my hands on one -- wanted to wait to learn about the experiences of others. Obviously, that never happened.

To recap: Many words have been spoken in regard to this mower, but none of them have provided anything useful in the way of reports and review.

I have wanted one since about six weeks into the season. I have a staggered wheel Dura-Force model which has been a nightmare nearly all season. Not only have I put huge money into repairs, it has just been a headache to keep running. When I learned for sure that none of the newer models were going to be available until Spring, I committed myself to sticking with the Dura-Force for the rest of the season. I now use it very sparingly, but need it for a few jobs.

dishboy
10-14-2008, 11:28 PM
Do a search for the LB 22271 mower. Much has been said on LS about these machines. The only problem is what has been said is in the form of a question: Anybody seen this new mower?

I've posted some of my findings. The most recent is that most likely none of these will be available until next Spring. LB made a few machines available last Fall, then some more in the Spring. But, a lack of Honda engines dried up production. Apparently a few were made earlier this Summer, but any supply for dealer inventory was next to zero.

I do know somebody on LS who bought two in the Spring, but he has said nothing about the experiences. A PM hasn't produced any useful information either -- his crew was running them, and he didn't know how they were liked, how they worked, or much else. I know one LCO in my area that bought one in late Winter, and have seen him one time with it in the field. I got very little useful information from his crew member who was running it. I asked about the ground speed control, and was given an "OK," without a willingness to elaborate. This was my big hangup in late Winter when I had my hands on one -- wanted to wait to learn about the experiences of others. Obviously, that never happened.

To recap: Many words have been spoken in regard to this mower, but none of them have provided anything useful in the way of reports and review.

I have wanted one since about six weeks into the season. I have a staggered wheel Dura-Force model which has been a nightmare nearly all season. Not only have I put huge money into repairs, it has just been a headache to keep running. When I learned for sure that none of the newer models were going to be available until Spring, I committed myself to sticking with the Dura-Force for the rest of the season. I now use it very sparingly, but need it for a few jobs.

I did a search and found a lot of threads referring to Lawn Boys , just not mowers. The local dealer has one in stock now for $850 was debating buying one or buying the Honda GSV engine for my TORO as the suzuki just does not have enough poop for lush lawns mulching IMO. My Honda commercial has enough poop but it is too heavy and the handlebar is to long.

Roger
10-14-2008, 11:38 PM
Do the search on the model number: 22271. That should weed out all threads, except the ones associated with this model. But, that may not help you.

I think your more pressing question must be about the engine, GSV. I have not seen any reviews about this engine. I did see a motorized hauler (e.g. such as the DR Wagon) with a GSV engine. This means these engines are being used in other applications.