PDA

View Full Version : pleomorphism discussed in soil biology?

44DCNF
10-14-2008, 05:27 PM
Was pleomorphism discussed in the Ingham class some of you attended recently?

ICT Bill
10-14-2008, 06:09 PM
Was pleomorphism discussed in the Ingham class some of you attended recently?

Is this something like quorum sensing that has been found and proven in bacteria recently

44DCNF
10-14-2008, 07:49 PM
In a sense yes (well, not like but related to).
With quorum sensing single cells can communicate to act and thrive as multi celled community of those organisms, and they are able to make changes according to what they all tell each other as they grow, right?
Pleomorphism is the idea that single cells, virus, bacteria, fungi and mold are each able to morph to another form, i.e. a bacteria can change into a fungi and back. I have read some about how it applies in human biology (I think it is based of ph for the most part) but wondered if the idea applies outside the body, specifically in our soil, compost, mulch, and such. I guess it would be correct to say that whichever type of cells it is that are morphing, they are using quorum sensing to accomplish the pleomorphism.

JDUtah
10-14-2008, 08:01 PM
wow........................

treegal1
10-14-2008, 09:48 PM
well I am a monomorphist so most of that fringe science is out of bounds, especially in the organic garden setting, maybe and that's a stretch in some sense of the word in animals but i still don't see how DNA can just flip flop and work.its still not fully understood and does not warrant much thought................................

Smallaxe
10-15-2008, 06:56 AM
I agree with tree, in that dna determines the difference between organisms, not willpower.
Quorum sensing is a reality and doesn't violate laws of biology to makes sense.

treegal1
10-15-2008, 09:05 AM
far be it to cover my eyes to the light of creation!!!!

so i did some reading on this, wow!!! so the earth is still flat you can turn lead into gold and water into wine, cancer cells into fungus and birds into lions, OMG WTF, why do we have modern medicine if we can just think ourselves into another realm....

this is some of the crack pot stuff that, (i don't know for sure) would get you thrown out of any real scientific discussion, and public talk may get you locked up, in the nut farm

Smallaxe
10-16-2008, 09:20 AM
....this is some of the crack pot stuff that, (i don't know for sure) would get you thrown out of any real scientific discussion, and public talk may get you locked up, in the nut farm

Unless you are a college professor that says chaos creates order and molecules create life over millions of years... that foolishness flies - inspite of the anamolies outweighing the possibilities by a wide margin. No such thing as a 'real' scientific discussion.

What was the percentage of CO2 in the atmosphere b4 WWII and what is it now??

Talk about crackpot stuff. In January 2013 the actic ice cap is gone!!!! According to Nobel Prize winner speaker in front of the U.N.

If it really happens I will apologize to the followers of Chicken Little. Unitl then I say we are more superstitious than scientific so this thread does not surprise me at all.

JDUtah
10-16-2008, 02:07 PM
Gas prices are going to go up 'last' summer!