PDA

View Full Version : any ideas

ChadA
10-14-2008, 07:40 PM
I am currently working on a brochure to start handing out to businesses in the next few months.
basically just a brief overview of us and our services we provide. its a 3 part folded brochure and I was thinking of putting some coupons on the third part that can be cut out.
im just having problems coming up with anything good. so far all I have is maybe something like a 10% discount for paying for season up front. I was hoping to put 3 on there. two would work though.
i m trying to aim the coupons towards commerial bussiness.

im finished with everythinh but these darn coupons. what do you guys have to say.

David Haggerty
10-14-2008, 08:56 PM
I try to not give away what I'm doing to make a living. I don't give discounts on mowing. If I'm doing some sort of promotion it'll be for some sort of add on service. My favorite is core aeration. It's to get them to try an add on service. Sometimes they keep on having it done.

Maybe you could give a discount on the first fertilizer application. That way you could print "40% discount" which would be more eye catching than 10%.

I wouldn't be anxious to give away 10% of gross mowing revenue. Because if you're working on a 20% profit margin you've given away half what you earned.

Not that I have a clue what your profit margins are. But you get my point, that 10% comes out of the profits!

ALC-GregH
10-14-2008, 09:40 PM
no better words have been spoken. I totally agree.

ChadA
10-15-2008, 04:25 PM
great advice, thank you.