PDA

View Full Version : edging

fastcat
10-14-2008, 11:07 PM
i posted this in the comercial landscaping thread and it has been there for 2 days with no reply so i decided to move it here to get a quick answer. what should i charge just to lay small boulder type rock for a border for a flower bed. i just need a price per foot type deal. shouldnt really be much to it just lay each rock beside each other with the ones that fit up to each other the best beside each other.

Turf Dawg
10-14-2008, 11:19 PM
This depends on price of rock, prep work, delivery and install time. I use alot of 4" chopped stone because it looks nice and is pretty easy to dry lay. As far as a price I would have to see a picture, lenght and price of material in your area.

fastcat
10-14-2008, 11:36 PM
i just need a labor price. the rock are 169 for 1 ton. i have to lay 82 linear feet. it will be dry layed each rock beside another. the rock measure around 3"-5" thick and 5"-8"-12" long. i was thinking of charging by the linear foot but dont know how much to charge per foot.

Turf Dawg
10-15-2008, 12:12 AM
Is this a wholesale price for material? If it is I would just double the price of the material. That would include the material, labor and delivery.