PDA

View Full Version : Mowing Price Check in Ontario

By-The-Lake
10-14-2008, 11:06 PM
Hi guys. I know there has been a million pricing threads but I need a price check for mowing larger/acerage properties in Ontario.

I have been targeting my business mainly to smaller/mid-size properties (or avoiding larger properties) due to equipment constraints (21" mower) and need to bring myself up-to-date on pricing for larger properties (1/2 - 3 acres). I am planning to purchase a 40" Toro T2 with Tru-Trak in the spring but was recently asked to provide an estimate for a 2 acre property that the owner recently purchased. I would love to line this client up for next year as I am planning to purchase a larger mower in the spring but they need help with mowing now. If the client accepts the estimate I have a buddy with a ZT that can help me out for the remainder of the year, however I want to make sure that I price the property competitively but not stupidly.

I know each property varies but I am just looking for any rule-of-thumb or general rule for pricing mowing (mow, trim, blow) for properties from 1/2 - 3 acres.

Thanks for your help!