PDA

View Full Version : Replacement tracks for track loaders

AMCAT
10-15-2008, 10:00 AM
http://www.prowlertracks.com/Prowler%20Compact%20Loader%20Rubber%20Tracks.html

Has anyone run tracks like this on their track machine ??
I wonder how they are for traction & how they last compared to other tracks

bobcat_ron
10-15-2008, 11:03 AM
Good luck the Mclaren TDF tracks were touted as the best, but not after like 500 hours.

hillboy
10-18-2008, 07:51 PM
Good luck the Mclaren TDF tracks were touted as the best, but not after like 500 hours.

These Prolwer tracks aren`t made by McLaren. I found a picture of the TDFs at Bobcat site, since now it seems they are selling them as the multi-lug track and the lug is different: http://www.bobcat.com/partsandservice/genuine_parts/tracks

I also heard that McLaren and Grouser went after Prowler for patent infringement on their over-the tire tracks, so I doubt they like each other much.

Bobcat Ron, I`ve been trying to find out how these new TDF tracks are performing...Do you have any experience with them? I did read on the forum that one guy was not happy with some tracks he got from McLaren two years ago, but it seems they weren`t the TDFs, because they didn`t make them back then. A McLaren rep told me they came with two new tracks recently -- an improved version of their regular tracks and the the TDFs, their new premium line of track loader dedicated tracks. I just want to make sure I get the best tracks that last. I can`t afford to waste few grand for tracks that fail!!! So , I want to know more from people who actually have the TDFs... I also hear Solideal is another alternative, but I haven`t got their price yet... I know Bridgestone are probably the best, but I can`t afford them.

bobcat_ron
10-18-2008, 08:26 PM
I saw the ad for the new Bobcat tracks in the Work Saver yesterday, I was floored.

Everyone is trying to be like ASV with their track pattern, even copying Bridgestone's Ice tracks.
One of my customers has a set of Solid Deals on his T300, they are not impressed with the wear and ride, the OEM set wore out at around 800 hours, and these ones are barely 400 hours, and they are wearing faster.