PDA

View Full Version : quick books problem

accuratelawn
10-15-2008, 03:32 PM
I need a little help with QB. I am using QB pro 2005. When I try to open the program, the opening page comes up, but the tabs across the top are grey and do not function. The program is there, but you can't do anything.
Any ideas?

Daily Lawn/Landscape
10-15-2008, 06:42 PM
I had the same problem the first of the year. Give me a little time and hopefuly I can remember what I did to fix it.

brandtb1
10-15-2008, 07:23 PM
It might be in the accountant read only type of program. Can you get into the file drop down and see if you can restore the program. This might be a wild goose chase, but it is the best I know to do.

mngrassguy
10-15-2008, 08:30 PM
Not sure but Intuit placed a sunset date on their software. You may need to upgrade to read your data.

Doug1966
10-15-2008, 11:28 PM
"Not sure but Intuit placed a sunset date on their software. You may need to upgrade to read your data. "
-no that just means you can't get tech support on it. But the software doesn't stop working.

First thing I would do is check to see if the sample service business.qbw file. If that opens up, then you've got something with your .qbw that needs to get fixed.

If it doesn't open up either, then it's your installation. Backup, uninstall, delete all QB folders, reinstall.