PDA

View Full Version : how match to charge for digging swimming pool in s. florida

i dig it,inc
10-15-2008, 07:58 PM
i need help to give quot to pool contractor for digging swimming pool
i never dug that big, how do you go about the rocks and what alse that you canot see that buried there.
and as we all now every body want a fix price!!!
he have two pools to dig one on open lot, seconed with limted accsess
thank you
mo

YellowDogSVC
10-15-2008, 08:14 PM
hey I"m from weston area. Grew up in Davie! Went to Western High! Sadly, I didn't do excavating down there but had quite a few lawn jobs back in the day.

Junior M
10-15-2008, 08:38 PM
Our pool digger goes for 100 dollars an hour and digs with a John Deere 410 backhoe

the pool builder pays for the haul off of the spoils and pays for the gravel if water is hit and he adds the "could happen" expense in just incase something happens and if he doesnt use it, it turns into profit..

ksss
10-16-2008, 12:08 AM
Do you plan on using that walk behind skid steer?

I dug a pool this Fall. First one of any size in 15 years in business. 45'X35'X10' graduating to 3'. I used a 160 sized excavator. I had 8 hours on the big hoe and 2 on the TK. $150 an hour on the 160 and $85 an hour on the TK.

Junior M
10-16-2008, 06:59 PM
Do you plan on using that walk behind skid steer?

I dug a pool this Fall. First one of any size in 15 years in business. 45'X35'X10' graduating to 3'. I used a 160 sized excavator. I had 8 hours on the big hoe and 2 on the TK. $150 an hour on the 160 and $85 an hour on the TK.
I bet you hits lots of rock! I was going to ask the same thing but I wasnt going to ask because there isnt anyway that thing has enough digging depth to go that deep...

ksss
10-16-2008, 09:14 PM
I bet you hits lots of rock! I was going to ask the same thing but I wasnt going to ask because there isnt anyway that thing has enough digging depth to go that deep...

Yea the rock was present from the first bucket to the last. I learned a lot on digging that pool. The pool company was on site and pulled grade and told me what they wanted. It would not seem that time consuming, but it is. If that was a basement of the same size it would have been a couple hour deal. Getting the floor and sides to grade was a challenge. Now that I have done one I would be faster on the next one.