PDA

View Full Version : Walker SuperB

grass_boy
10-15-2008, 11:13 PM
Anyone have any experience with the Walker SuperB?

Turf Dawg
10-16-2008, 12:33 AM
You might use the search feature on here. I remember some post before where some of the members are using these. I have driven one around {did not get to cut with it} and liked it alot. If I had the need for one it would be on the top of my list.

Supertiger
10-16-2008, 08:59 PM
I was looking forward to getting one of these for next season, but I recently test drove one last week and was very disappointed with the handling of this new mower. I cant find anyone who has one to compare my experience with, but the one i test drove was almost imposable to keep in a strait line. like if you are trimming near a fence, as soon as you pull back on the control levers to slow down the thing would dart to the left it was impossible to creep up to a object and carefully mow near it without the mower jumping around. I have 2 years experience on a Walker 62" side discharge mower and its the best handling mower I've ever been on. I feel there is something wrong with the TWO brand new Walker SuperBs my dealer has on his show room floor there is no way that Walker intentionally built this new mower to handle this poorly.
Now the good part is this mower is very powerfull and cuts great just like all walker mowers only faster. Taller, bigger.

grassaholic
10-16-2008, 10:30 PM
There's probably nothing wrong with the Super B's you tested. I've noticed on my model MT's that the faster you make them, the worse they handle. If you operate an MT without a speed up kit they are pretty slow. Very precise to your input on the sticks, but slow. Add a speed up kit and the controls get a little sloppier. Not horrible, but slower to respond to your input. The fastest to date are the MTL tractors. These tractors come from the factory with a faster speed than a regular MT with the speed up kit. I love the speed of the MTL's but do have to admit that the steering is sloppy when going fast on them. I usually only use the speed when going back to the truck to dump. The fastest Walker to date is the Super B. I don't have one of these so I can't comment a whole lot on them. I did demo 1 this spring for a day of mowing. I noticed that the steering was a little sloppy but not any worse than an MTL. I just chalked it up to trying to mow at such a high speed! I'm not used to cutting grass that fast. I mow almost all residential and don't really have a need for a mower that big and fast. The day I demoed it I mowed 1 of my bigger properties. It did mow the 2 acre field next to the house alot faster than my MTL with a 52" SD deck. Bottom line is I think the Super B is a big, fast, powerfull mower for big properties. With all the speed it has, I think it lacks a little in the handling department. I'm not sure it's possible to make the Super B handle as tightly as an MT. To make it faster it had to be geared taller which takes away the sensitivity of the controlls. I think Walker gave away some sensitivity for the extra speed since the mower was designed to take on the high speed midmount mowers.

Frontier-Lawn
10-16-2008, 11:39 PM
Anyone have any experience with the Walker SuperB?

i was to do the field test for Turf Mag but to big for my trailer