PDA

View Full Version : Ferris's new evolution of mowing haha.....

MOHUSTLER
10-16-2008, 11:10 AM
I think its funny that the new evolution of Ferris is a complete ripoff of 2 mowers that have allready been around for 10 years :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

The outfront is a snapper, Owned by Ferris. And will be sold in Sears im sure.

I don't see how this is going to increase mowing productivity any. I think before you call it an EVOLUTION you need to actuauly make something better then what has allready been done.

KCfireman
10-16-2008, 11:18 AM
looks like a wright sentar to me! Im suprised wright hasnt gone after them with a lawsuit like they do with other companies.

DixieFerris
10-16-2008, 12:14 PM
Wright can't do much about it, their patent ran out this year on much of the designs (which they held for the past ten years)

Grass Happens
10-16-2008, 12:35 PM
While the out-front unit is a a snapper, It still looks pretty bad asz to me. Not that if i was in need of an out front I would buy it anyway. I agree that the stand-on hybrid does resemble a sentar, it doesn't mean Ferris infringed on any patents. I guess the question is: "But does it work tree-beck?"

DUSTYCEDAR
10-16-2008, 12:39 PM
who cares ?????????? as long as it mows

karlgrooms
10-16-2008, 12:43 PM
who cares ?????????? as long as it mows

And......does it well.

Richard Martin
10-16-2008, 03:41 PM
Ferris doesn't own Snapper, Briggs owns them both along with Simplicity.

DixieFerris
10-16-2008, 04:20 PM
this mower may be very good from Ferris (stander version) I will have to check it out. But with all first runs come bugs, so in the meantime, I will keep buying my Ferris Z turns and walk behinds, and Wright products

atasteofnature
10-16-2008, 04:24 PM
i heard through the grapevine as of now the new ferris mower will NOT be at the GIE expo. But the grapevine also said that ferris is good at making last minute decisions. So he said that no one will know really until the last few days leading up to the GIE expo.

STIHL GUY
10-16-2008, 09:32 PM
the outfront does look pretty sweet

farmboy1285
10-16-2008, 10:30 PM
Wright can't do much about it, their patent ran out this year on much of the designs (which they held for the past ten years)

If thats true then why did toro design their stand on with the platform behind the axle? I was wondering when the patents would finally run out and wright would release their death grip on the stand on market.

ProTouch Groundscapes
10-16-2008, 11:58 PM
and all I asked for was a better deck...and they give us this? new deck would have been much cheaper...

mag360
10-17-2008, 12:05 AM
looks like a wright sentar to me! Im suprised wright hasnt gone after them with a lawsuit like they do with other companies.

Actually the wright sentar looks like a hustler shortcut. This new ferris is even more like them---the shortcut's shortcomings were the seat and the lack of a lift on the fly ability for the deck. It didn't last but, for some reason, the sentar has a great rep (at least on lawnsite).

Runner
10-17-2008, 01:38 AM
Nope. Put me down in a seat with mre surface ad armrests. You're going backwards in progress, guys!

DixieFerris
10-17-2008, 07:58 AM
You have never used a Stander for a season if you think they are going backwards in progress. Each of our trailers runs at least one Z, one Stander, one small walkbehind and a push mower. You need all to be at the top of efficiency

Wright Mfg
10-17-2008, 09:17 AM

Wrong! None of our patents have run out. Patents are good for 20 years.

MOHUSTLER
10-17-2008, 09:43 AM
Wrong! None of our patents have run out. Patents are good for 20 years.

What is your pattent law, and how much longer do you have on them? With everyone comming out with a stander, How much has to be different and are you planning to take action on the people who dont comply to the pattent law?

Hawg City Lawns
10-17-2008, 09:45 AM
if that outfront is sold at sears shoot me... the way that thing looks it prolly has a diesel on it and ive never seen sears sell anything with a diesel engine

zman2307
11-05-2008, 01:59 AM
What is your pattent law, and how much longer do you have on them? With everyone comming out with a stander, How much has to be different and are you planning to take action on the people who dont comply to the pattent law?

i believe 2013 is the magic year. but mower companies are hurting after a tough economic year and the stand on market is growing. why not get into it now and revise the machines in 2013 if they do good. standing in front or behind the wheels has its disadvantages but overall theyll do what they need to do, and that is boost productivity over walkbehinds.

zman2307
11-05-2008, 02:00 AM
i heard the ferris wasn't a stand on like the sentar. i heard you can only sit on it.

HenryB
11-05-2008, 08:07 AM
i believe 2013 is the magic year. but mower companies are hurting after a tough economic year and the stand on market is growing. why not get into it now and revise the machines in 2013 if they do good. standing in front or behind the wheels has its disadvantages but overall theyll do what they need to do, and that is boost productivity over walkbehinds.

The platform behind the axle is pretty comfortable, much more than in front of the axle.

Ramairfreak98ss
11-05-2008, 01:44 PM
wow, im suprised you guys knowa bout this before i do! lol. I did see the snapper machine at the GIE, and was like you know what, i bet thats what ferris has in store... ok, its an ok machine i guess.

Then the rep on oct 22nd wouldnt tell me what was coming out, WTF? i swore it was supposed to be unveiled at GIE.. Ferris is a crappy company with marketing ill say that much, even the loyal buyers get treated like crap by some of the reps.

Ramairfreak98ss
11-05-2008, 01:48 PM
anyone know if the front mower is the 27hp 3 cyl briggs diesel like whats on my legacy xl tractor? that would be pretty sweet in that little package, or a 72" deck and 34hp turbo model. :p