PDA

View Full Version : Lil Help Please

pudge_167
10-16-2008, 06:11 PM
Hey guys just bought a business and was looking at some gator blades. I live in Kentucky and we have a ton of leaves, I have a grasshopper 220 with a 52" deck on it. I have the mulch plate on there now and am getting the leaves ok but wanna really mulch them better as they come down. So will these gator blades with the mulch plate do the trick, or just keep up what I am doing, or use the blades without the plate. Right now there is a ton of dust stir up for the plate will the gator blades help that because I have high left blades now. The blades are only 13 for each so i found them at a reasonable price so thats a plus. What do you guys think?

Mowingman
10-16-2008, 06:58 PM
Be careful, and test the clearance between the gators and the deck baffles. On my Grasshoppers, the upturned tips of the Gators hit the brackets that support the deck baffles. I had to do a little modification to the brackets to get the blades to clear.

Turf Dawg
10-16-2008, 07:50 PM
I had a 223/52 with the mulch baffels under it and ran the gator magnum fusion blades. They worked great for mulching leaves or grass. By the way, the mulch baffels really do help.

Mowingman
10-16-2008, 08:00 PM
I also used the Gators with the mulch kit on my GH to grind up leaves. Works great, but you might want to wear a dust mask and goggles. They really do turn the leaves to dust with that mulch kit installed.