PDA

View Full Version : tools to overseed

jnrogers
10-16-2008, 07:59 PM
Guys what type of equipment do you use to overseed? I rented a turf revitilizer and it worked good but it was to slow, I had 12 yards to do and some were over an acre. I need something faster but the only kind of seeders I can find are for a three point hitch with pto. I wonder if I would not be better off buying a compact tractor with an overseeder or do they make a pull behind powered overseeder.

ponyboy
10-16-2008, 08:18 PM
we use 2 lesco renavators and did 30 something this year its an acre took about 1.5 hours to do doing 2 differnt passes

DUSTYCEDAR
10-16-2008, 08:21 PM
turf revitilizer THEY HAVE A BIG ONE THAT IS WAY FAST

jaybird24
10-16-2008, 08:54 PM
I'll vote Turf Revitalizer also. We rented one this spring and it did great, but did seem slow, about like lescos renovator. The results were so good we bought one and the new one has a second speed and if it went much faster, you would probably lose quality. We got the 20" 9hp and do acres no problem. The 30" would be nice, but we do so many small to 1/4 acre lots, the 20 is perfect. We have a pto seeder for large areas, but most subdivisions, with crappy new lawn the revitalizer is the ticket.

rcreech
10-16-2008, 09:56 PM
I would HIGHLY recommend a tractor and 3 pt seeder if you do a lot of it.

I have had a Landpride OS1548 now for four years and it makes serious $$$$$$.

You can cover the acres, get it done quickly and the only thing that gets tired is....nothing really!

I have a Lesco 20" seeder and a 20" Turfo seeder and barely use them (unless there is a gated back lawn), because it is so nice to just ride a tractor and let it do all the work.

bam
10-20-2008, 10:17 PM
you can rent a compact 25-35hp tractor with 3pt. hitch for $600 per week from most rental stores. A select few also rent aeravators or slice seeders.