PDA

View Full Version : Bobcat a300 tooo heavy?

DUSTYCEDAR
10-16-2008, 07:28 PM
A300 All Wheel Steer Loader

The Bobcat A300 loader has both the smooth, rolling efficiency of a four-wheel steer and the agile maneuverability of a skid-steer. High flow attachments can be used on the A300, making it a very versatile machine.
A300 All Wheel Steer Loader Specifications
A300

Horsepower 81 HP
Turbocharged Engine Yes
Rated Operating Capacity (SAE) 3000 lbs
Tipping Load 6111 lbs
Operating Weight 8673 lbs
WAS looking at this machine but its to heavy to move under the 10k limit on a small trailer. kinda bummed i like the all wheel steer

BrandonV
10-16-2008, 07:34 PM
i think its a very neat machine, never seen or driven one but like the concept. man up and get a cdl, make life so much easier.

DUSTYCEDAR
10-16-2008, 07:38 PM
cdl is not the point if you dont have guys with one to drive
i like the machine but it cant hop and go from job to job with anyone towing it.
bummer

YellowDogSVC
10-16-2008, 08:36 PM
i like the machine but it cant hop and go from job to job with anyone towing it.
bummer

are you sure you are reading the laws right? We have beat this point to the ground but at least in TX, and I thought it was universal, you don't need a CDL if your hauling under 26k total and not going out of state. You can haul that machine with 12k trailer and have some weight to spare. CDL doesn't automatically make your life easier. You still have to have the trailer to handle it and extra rules and regs. CDL is overkill for just hauling a skidsteer unless you are where I am at..right at the limit.

Junior M
10-16-2008, 08:38 PM
bummer
what do you mean? driving it from job to job?

I would like one for being able to move retaining wall block without tearing up the customers yard and then for being able to use a bush hog without tearing up the fields, I bet that would be pretty useful for minimax when he didnt have to use a CTL..

DUSTYCEDAR
10-16-2008, 08:40 PM
some days we hit 3 or more stops with a macnine which means moveing it on a trailer.

mdterp
10-16-2008, 08:49 PM
Its a great machine, a little expensive but it will save you money without having to fix what a Skid or CTL tears up. A local high end golf course has one, the greenskeeper loves it. As for the CDL Law, you need to look into that I live in MD and guys without cdl haul machines one 12K trailers all the time.

DUSTYCEDAR
10-16-2008, 08:55 PM
not saying it cant be done however in my back woods podunk town the cops think they now it all and weigh you and then insert the ticket way up there
not saying its wright it is just how it is

mdterp
10-16-2008, 08:58 PM
have you had a chance to demo one yet? They drive so smooth in the steer mode that you think your in a art. wheel loader

minimax
10-16-2008, 09:32 PM
jlm335,I would not use one of those very much,I have a really nice cab tractor to use.It is way faster then a skid would be for mowing light stuff and I can "road" it when I do snow removal. Here is some pic's of it.

minimax

DUSTYCEDAR
10-16-2008, 09:34 PM
love the loader wish i had a cab

Junior M
10-16-2008, 09:42 PM
jlm335,I would not use one of those very much,I have a really nice cab tractor to use.It is way faster then a skid would be for mowing light stuff and I can "road" it when I do snow removal. Here is some pic's of it.

minimax
Oh, yeah, dur! I forgot you had a tractor.. hahaha... oops