PDA

View Full Version : exmark OCDC

jeffex
10-16-2008, 09:02 PM
anyone have the foot operated exmark OCDC for their lazer? leaf season is upon us and I have an OCDC on my walkbehind but am considering one for my lazer. Picture in my brochure is hard to see design. How much? is it a good design?

bohiaa
10-16-2008, 09:40 PM
I have 2 of them..... the ones I got are ezchute I wouldn't mow with out them

jeffex
10-16-2008, 09:57 PM
I have the ezchute on my w/b s as well, however I was wondering if anyone has the exmark brand OCDC . not just one on an exmark. appreciate the reply though

Buckeye1
10-17-2008, 03:22 PM
Unless it has been redesigned since it first came out, the Exmark version opens straight out. The plate won't fold back on top of the deck. It was designed to work inside of the factory safety chute, so wide open means the plate sticks straight out.

jeffex
10-17-2008, 04:05 PM
thanks for the info. i found on another forum where the cost was $349 and a close up photo shows a foot operated pedal for opening and closing. I can see where the positions are closed and straight out and those are bad options IMO. Open and back out of the way and closed are the choice with the exchute on my w/bs. I like the foot pedal operation idea though. I may take my w/b OCDC and retro fit it to the lazer. The only problem I had with the ezchute is the metal fatigue at the bends where it mounts to the OEM deflector holes. After some use both broke and had to be welded. To the credit of ezchute they sent me a replacement for one of them upon my explanation of the problem. I don't want some rigged up junk on my brand new lazer though.

Power Chute Design
10-17-2008, 05:02 PM
You might want to visit my website. The Exmark model of the Power Chute is the number one seller. Unlike the others you mentioned the Power Chute stops anywhere from fully closed to fully open and can be stopped any where in between. And (unlike the Exmark model you mentioned) the Power Chute opens completely sticking straight up in the air so you can clear narrow passageways.

It's also operated with a foot controller, BUT mine is fully electric powered and guarunteed. Power Chutes are the only OCDC's built specifically to fit your Exmark so it bolts right on with no spacers or extra washers like generically built black units. And Power Chutes are the only ones that come colored matched!

Remember, it's custom built to fit just your Exmark, color matched, fully powered with a foot pedal AND $70.00 less than the manually controlled Exmark unit!

We make brand specific models for 10 different Brands of commercial grade ZTR mowers.

Thanks...Norm

TLS
10-17-2008, 05:09 PM
Jeffex,

Get that PCD model. It's a great unit.

Power Chute Design
10-17-2008, 11:18 PM
Hey, Thanks !

AboveTheCut
10-17-2008, 11:52 PM
with the EZ chute on the lazer you can still use an accelerator grass catcher when you want. the ez chute open is out of the way.

TLS
10-18-2008, 12:00 AM
Grass catcher.....what are they??? Ha ha.

wildbilly1113
10-18-2008, 01:26 AM
Get the exmark ocdc! I have owned a couple diffrerent chutes and this is way better. I expect nothing less from exmark!

jeffex
10-18-2008, 06:50 AM
lets break this thing down.
1. I have 2 ezchutes on w/bs. they open out of the way
and that is a big + to me . I did have to weld a plate to them to build up
the strength at the bends at the mounts . A - IMO. ezchute sent me a replacement at no charge . A + I do use a grassgobbler as a leaf catcher an it can be used with the ezchute open. $200 price may get my order
2. Power chute design looks good and the foot operated electric acuator seems to be backed well by their warranty . The powerchute goes to 90 degrees and is better than the exmark OEM design at $70 less but the ezchute wins on opening back out of the way.
3. eXmark unit looks good and is foot operated but according to some it only opens out at 45 degree and that combined with its price of $349 is a deal breaker IMO. If this unit were a manually operated (no electric parts can be good) 120 degree opening design I cold see the stretch to the big price point.
thanks for all your replys . My opinion is only for my situation and equipment use. From the ezchute website I don't see any improvement to their design relating to the breakage I experienced at the mount points. If I go this route I will weld a brace before I mount it since they do work very well on my walkbehinds. Granted I shouldn't have to do sh$% to it for $200 and my $7200 lazer should have come standard with an OCDC anyway but thats another thread.

mickman
11-22-2008, 10:10 PM
I bought 2 powerchutes from Norm for my Lazers, & I wouldn't go without.

Norm alway's answers my questions, & will stand by his product.

Norm, I get my new Lazer Monday, so I'll be getting another one.

jeffex
11-23-2008, 07:33 AM
I made a plate to cover the chute on my lazer for leaf cleanups. 2 bolts on and off 2min. there was some blowout in the front , right side of the deck so I put an antiblowout baffle on it and it mulched great. This experiment showed me the OCDC will be just as effective on my lazer as my walkbehind. I didn't buy one for mowing because I could just mow backwards with the lazer and keep from discharging clippings in mulchbeds and sidewalks. In the spring I will get an ezchute before I start mowing. I think that mowing backwards is a ticking timebomb of a safety issue so its time to get the checkbok out. I still can't believe these are NOT factory installed OEM standard issue safety item on $$$$$$ equipment. maybe its a patent issue?

johnnybravo8802
11-24-2008, 12:47 AM
Unless it has been redesigned since it first came out, the Exmark version opens straight out. The plate won't fold back on top of the deck. It was designed to work inside of the factory safety chute, so wide open means the plate sticks straight out.
You are correct. I had one on an Exmark and it worked good. However, I did have to adjust the baffles on the deck because it was shooting clippings onto the top of my deck and landing in my face. My wife has said several times that my deck was a trouble maker:drinkup:..."just as long as I have the biggest deck in the neighborhood honey":cool2: