PDA

View Full Version : Gaining customers

VisionsLandscapes
10-17-2008, 01:17 AM
This is my 3rd year in the business and i currently have 25 lawns weekly and 5 lawns every 10 days, i dropped my every 2 weeks customers because it was too much of a hassle to keep up with and get them on an organized schedule with rain and all(dropped 8) This season i passed out flyers door to door. I handed out approximately 450 of them and i received and done work for more than 30 new people. I gained 14 new mowing customers and 7 full service accounts. I know that word of mouth and advertising is the key to getting new customers but i want to gain atleast 15 more next spring. I plan on doing the same thing i did this year passing out flyers probably 500 this year and hope to get 10-15 more lawns. I have 1 employee which we work full time about 35 hrs per week with maintenance and all.

I was wondering what would be a good straight to the point slogan or saying to put on my new flyers this season? if you have any examples please do post them if you have had success with them.

2002 chevy hd crew cab 4x4
2007 14x6 open trailer wooden bottom
2007 cub cadet enforcer 54 command cut with striping kit.
1-husqvarna commercial style trimmer
1 stihl commercial trimmer.
1 husqvarna backpack blower
rakes, tools, shears, ladder etc.
bluejay pull behind plug aerator 48"

looking into buying a cyclone rkae for clean ups? what u think?

MJS
10-17-2008, 01:23 AM
In all honesty, a slogan is not really going to make or break your flyers, but if that's what you think the problem is, I would go with something like "reliable", or "professional quality" that is simple and non-pretentious.

Got any pics of your flyer? I'd be interested in seeing it. . .

Good luck