PDA

View Full Version : Wright Sentar or Z

NINER
10-17-2008, 07:49 AM
who has run these mowers and any opinions on them. I need all Wright mower info as soon as possible. I am looking to buy the only problem is i have no clue about these machines. I want to demo them but not sure which to start with and any info on the walkbehinds will be af help also. thanks in advance.

NINER
10-17-2008, 02:56 PM
bump********

TNT LawnCare Inc.
10-17-2008, 03:54 PM
The sentar is a great machine you can stand or ride ,i havent seen to many at all Wright Ztr's out there so i cant say. We use nothing but Wright standers,very fast and higly productive. Most of our property's are under 3/4 acre. Our 52 is big and fast enough thou to tackle an acre thou. Ive demoed the sentar sport and love it. I might add one to our fleet next season. I would demo the sentar. How big are your property's your gonna be doing ?

NINER
10-17-2008, 04:55 PM
our properties are anywhere from 1/4 acre to 20 acres. hills flats rough terrain you name it we have it. i am having a rep come out mon. so i can demo some. having them for a day or two wont tell me much but its a start i am just triing to get some feedback from actual seasoned users. we will be getting 15 of whatever i decide on.

fastcat
10-17-2008, 05:48 PM
our properties are anywhere from 1/4 acre to 20 acres. hills flats rough terrain you name it we have it. i am having a rep come out mon. so i can demo some. having them for a day or two wont tell me much but its a start i am just triing to get some feedback from actual seasoned users. we will be getting 15 of whatever i decide on.

holy crap. 15 make it 16 and give one to me.

NINER
10-17-2008, 06:02 PM
holy crap. 15 make it 16 and give one to me.

well if i get a sweet deal then the 16th would be a back up.

NINER
10-17-2008, 08:04 PM
anymore wright guys out there? 85 hits not many replies. tell me anything about any wrights.

NINER
10-17-2008, 08:33 PM
rep told me one company in Va. has 123 wrights i hope a couple of you use this sight

BigGreen1
10-17-2008, 08:36 PM
Niner,

Use the search feature.

Tim

NINER
10-17-2008, 08:48 PM
Niner,

Use the search feature.

Tim

i have. no help mostly old stuff i want to know about this past year or the last couple of months at least.

SidelinePropMgr
10-17-2008, 09:04 PM
i use the Standers. LOVE EM! I demoed the sentar 52". It had excellent power. The deck tipped a little on hills because of the weight on the back end of the mower ( I am 6'2" 315 lbs.). It also felt sluggish on turns. I am too tall to stand on it comfortably.

Never demoed the ZTR so, no feedback there. But my 2 cents, Standers are the way to go.

heybruck34
10-17-2008, 09:25 PM
I'm buying a Sentar tomorrow. Give me a day or 2 to check it out and I'll report back. 48" 23 hp for me. Demo unit w/ 30 hours.

NINER
10-17-2008, 10:04 PM
I'm buying a Sentar tomorrow. Give me a day or 2 to check it out and I'll report back. 48" 23 hp for me. Demo unit w/ 30 hours.

thats cool i wont be making a decision til dec. anyway. i want to go with scag but the 09 price is outragious unless the dealer really wants to keep me. i have been with him through thick and thin for 20 years i dont want to part ways but if i find another brand he does not want to deal with then oh well this is my stomach i have to feed not his.i am open to any opinions on any brand but toro and john deere at this point.e-mark is my second choice behind scag but at 14000 i cant justify it since i bought 8 pices of you know the rest john deere this past spring and need to get out of them by selling as many as possible. i was told by one sales man 11000 or more for turf tiger.

retrodog
10-18-2008, 11:05 AM
I just had the Wright rep bring out 4 demoes yesterday for me to check out. The new zk was pretty awesome. It had a 31hp kawasaki, 16cc pumps, 15mph, had a suspension platform, and was surprisingly comfortable for a stand up. I would recommend to the supervisors, as they will be alot more productive with it. My only drawback was the $10400 price point, but the unit was prolly well worth it. The sentars were very nice too, and the smaller units, I just wasn't a fan of the deck height adjustments, seemed like a pain in the neck to adjust the fixed decks. The zk was adjustable from the handle by the controls.

TNT LawnCare Inc.
10-18-2008, 09:15 PM
Niner i'd get the ZK 'S for the large propertys and the sentars for the smaller ones. The sentars are great machines for residential 1 acre and down the ZK would be great and fast on the big acre jobs,no need to double cut anything.

NINER
10-19-2008, 10:47 AM
Niner i'd get the ZK 'S for the large propertys and the sentars for the smaller ones. The sentars are great machines for residential 1 acre and down the ZK would be great and fast on the big acre jobs,no need to double cut anything.

i usually set up my crews with the same mowers on each truck so any crew can do a big job or a little. right now each crew has 2 61" riders 1 54' walkbehind 1 36" walkbehind and a 21' push.what set-up of the wright you think would work best?