PDA

View Full Version : Need help choosing a name for Lawn service

trainerboy
10-17-2008, 08:39 AM
Help!!!!
I need a little bump on thinking of a name for my lawn service.
Until now I've just been running a small service (about 8 lawns) with a 52" Dixon Kodiak and a push mower out of a little 77"X12' utility trailer. I have 14 new accounts locked for next season and I plan for more. I just purchased a new Lastec 73" Articulator and needed a bigger trailer to carry both mowers and some more new equipment. I just purchased an almost new Pace 8.5X24 V-nose enclosed trailer. It has 19' box and 5' v-nose with a 60" wide ramp on the front as well as the usual ramp in back. It is going to be soooooo nice to be able to load and unload from both ends (truck can stay hooked up when front ramp is down).
I'll get pictures of the rig posted real soon.
BUT......
Now that I have a rolling billboard for my business I need a name.

Anybody got any catchy but not cheeeezie ideas?

Any help would be awesome.
Thanks
Brian

DA Quality Lawn & YS
10-17-2008, 10:00 AM
How about Sooner Schooner Express Lawn Service?
Or Boomer Sooner Lawn Service?

At any rate, keep getting those new accts....
Don't take on any debt with the equipment you are buying though...get the jobs first and let the equipment catch up to the amount of work you are accumulating, not vice versa.

hillbilly_lawnboy
10-17-2008, 10:29 AM
thats true on the equipment thing. never overspend or you will be out of buisness before you even get started.

How bout

Just use your name and then add lawn service or lawn care.

Proffesional Lawn Service

Big Boy's Lawn Care

BDLC Mikey
10-17-2008, 10:38 AM
It just depends on how you want your customers and potential ones to view you... when i choose a name for a new company i like it to be unique first off because having a business with your name is ok... but you tend to blend in with everybody else, like say for instance, dales lawn, or mike's lawncare and jim and bobs landscaping. when you look at those three fictional names what do they tell you about their businesses? You want a short name, its easy to remember and easy to say. And one that has a character that lends itself to the service you perform.

MOHUSTLER
10-17-2008, 11:40 AM
It just depends on how you want your customers and potential ones to view you... when i choose a name for a new company i like it to be unique first off because having a business with your name is ok... but you tend to blend in with everybody else, like say for instance, dales lawn, or mike's lawncare and jim and bobs landscaping. when you look at those three fictional names what do they tell you about their businesses? You want a short name, its easy to remember and easy to say. And one that has a character that lends itself to the service you perform.

Exactly, You want your name to stick with a customer. Dont make it hard to say or read on the side of your truck.

Example in this town a guys name is BIG ALS MOWING. Its easy to remeber and he has it on his truck real big.

Just make it stick with a potential customer. And dont make it unprofesonal.

trainerboy
10-20-2008, 05:59 AM
Good ideas and advice.

Thanks guys

Brian

markahurley
10-20-2008, 08:20 AM
here's one for you.

company name: Royal Lawn Care.

slogan: we'll give your lawn a royal grass whoopin.

that just screams professionalism, doesn't it?

ALC-GregH
10-20-2008, 08:22 AM
No...........

Frontier-Lawn
10-20-2008, 08:26 AM
Help!!!!
Until now I've just been running a small service (about 8 lawns) with a 52" Dixon Kodiak and a push mower out of a little 77"X12' utility trailer. I have 14 new accounts locked for next season and I plan for more. I just purchased a new Lastec 73" Articulator and needed a bigger trailer to carry both mowers and some more new equipment. I just purchased an almost new Pace 8.5X24 V-nose enclosed trailer. It has 19' box and 5' v-nose with a 60" wide ramp on the front as well as the usual ramp in back. It is going to be soooooo nice to be able to load and unload from both ends (truck can stay hooked up when front ramp is down).
BUT......

Thanks
Brian

How about;

GREEN WORKS Turf Management

TrapperJohn
10-20-2008, 11:45 AM
You could call it the Miracle Lawn Company. What a slogan - if it's a great lawn, it's a Miracle.

But seriously - name counts for more than it should. I like Turf Management as part of the name, has a professional sound to it.

There's a moving company near me whose name really stuck in my mind. The Sweatt moving company - James Sweatt, proprietor.

Green Finger
10-20-2008, 12:20 PM
How bout

Next Day Lawns:usflag:

"Green Seen"

Marcos
10-20-2008, 01:40 PM
You're an Okie, huh?

How about calling the business: 'The Lawns of Wrath'

Think of the gimmicks!

You could get an ol' beat-up, (but souped-up:rolleyes:) Ford model T to pull your trailer around.
You'd have a pregnant bookkeeper made up to look like Rosasharn riding along with you all the time, bitchen and cryin!

And you'd have two employees dressed up to be an granma & grandpa Joad, yelling "Pu-raise Gawd fur vittory" every time you got done with a job!!
Then they'd both keel over and fake death... whenever a customer came out to pay you!

:)

juspayme
10-22-2008, 12:10 AM
how about just babby cakes lawn service. lol

granddad
10-22-2008, 07:21 AM
Miracle Lawn Company. - if it's a great lawn, it's a Miracle.

You just made my day.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

milike
10-22-2008, 04:27 PM
Help!!!!
BUT......

Thanks
Brian

How about not too cheeeezie Landscaping.:rolleyes:

ffemt1271
10-22-2008, 06:37 PM
saw a roofing co today named "leakey roof Co."