PDA

View Full Version : Chasing new resi mows at the end of this season

DA Quality Lawn & YS
10-17-2008, 02:04 PM
Has anyone out there had any success at all with advertising/marketing to attract new seasonal customers for next year just as the current mowing season is ending? Anyone offer special pricing to lock in this year?

I am curious if this will work, and a bit skeptical. Still, it would be nice to build some additional peace of mind going into dormant season.

Thanks, DA

NC Greenscaper
10-17-2008, 03:26 PM
I have had advertisers say that you are building name recognition when you are advertising, so do it year around. Personally, if I was only targeting seasonal, as you mentioned, I would tend to start doing that just prior to that season. This would get my name in front of them when they are thinking most about the service I offer. JMO

DaughtryLC
10-17-2008, 03:30 PM
I have picked up a few at the end, Its a good time to catch people if there guy was sorry this yr, its still fresh in there mines!

1MajorTom
10-17-2008, 03:33 PM
I too, would be curious to see if anyone has had any success with it. We already have a few customers that are already hinting that they are hoping the last cuts are coming soon. I just don't see too many people being interested in lining up a lawn service right now for next season.
I think dollar for dollar, our money would be best spent in the spring.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
10-19-2008, 12:05 AM
bumpsterroo