PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this Exmark?

genesis215
10-17-2008, 02:33 PM
I am looking at a 48" Exmark Viking Hydro WB w. Tri-Vantage fixed deck. It has the 14HP Kawasaki on it. It looks to be in pretty good shape. Has an an Exmark bagger and sit-down sulky included. My only concern about it is if the 14HP engine is enough for this mower. That sounds like alot of stress on the engine to run the blades and hydros at the same time. But it might not be. What is your experience with a combination of single-cylinder engine and hydro with a 48" deck? Does engaging the blades slow down the mower's speed? I will br using a Bull Rider on it if I were to get it. The guy is asking $1100 for it. What are your thoughts? Thanks for your advice.

Lawn-Sharks
10-17-2008, 05:21 PM
I am looking at a 48" Exmark Viking Hydro WB w. Tri-Vantage fixed deck. It has the 14HP Kawasaki on it. It looks to be in pretty good shape. Has an an Exmark bagger and sit-down sulky included. My only concern about it is if the 14HP engine is enough for this mower. That sounds like alot of stress on the engine to run the blades and hydros at the same time. But it might not be. What is your experience with a combination of single-cylinder engine and hydro with a 48" deck? Does engaging the blades slow down the mower's speed? I will br using a Bull Rider on it if I were to get it. The guy is asking $1100 for it. What are your thoughts? Thanks for your advice.

I would not worry about the engine unless the mower looks like crap!! The engine has plenty of power for what you want to do with it...I have a 36" Gravely w/12.5 kawi and i can change out the deck to a 48" and it is still rated to have enough power to get things done.. $1,100 is not bad as long as the mower is not beat??? If your going to buy it at least give it a good once over and check the spindles, oil & hydraulic leaks ect. Good Luck!

Genlandscape
10-17-2008, 05:42 PM
Will the owner let you demo the machine before purchasing? This should answer all of your questions. I have a 36" Exmark metro w/ a 12.5 Kawi, and it mows well. I'm not sure if you would have trouble with that deck size hydros are pretty efficient).

genesis215
10-17-2008, 07:04 PM
Yes, the owner will let me use it, and it is in quite good shape. That's encouraging to hear it is powerful enough for that deck size. Thanks a lot for your help!

genesis215
10-17-2008, 07:09 PM
The guy says it runs excellent, and uses no oil. It appears that it may not have been used commercially.