PDA

View Full Version : Pros and cons of these 2 EXmarks

81Bronk36
10-17-2008, 05:08 PM
I was at the dealer today and decided to check out the mowers. One of the sales jockeys suggested last time that I would actually be a great fit for one of those "commercial 46's" Never thought of it until then but I decided to check it out and weigh my options. Now I only have about 7 lawns, so its still way to early to have a mower payment but I think judging by the fact that all my lawns take 9 minutes or less to mow with a w/b and I will always need something less then 36" to get into almost all the fenced in back yards, it would be rather cost effective if at the point I got about 20 lawns if most all of them are still this same size that I just stick to a 46-52" mower. Instead of a 60.

I still don't know how much each of these mowers are but here are 2 I looked at that kinda fit the bill:
Lazer XP 46" Triton 19hp Kawi
52" Lazer XP Ultra Cut 23hp Kohler
Both had the same size tires 23 x 9.5 and looked like the same fuel tanks.

Are they both underpowered??
Anyone run either of these machines??
How do they do for fuel consumption and ground speed??

Any help would be appreciated:)

dura to the max
10-17-2008, 05:16 PM
i think you're getting ahead of yourself...

i have the toro version of the 52/23 combo w/ the only exception being that mine is a kawi. great machine, w/ plenty of power. i dont know the gph, but it seems to be decent on fuel economy.

djchiodo3
10-17-2008, 05:26 PM
Wait till you get to 20 lawns, then post this thread. No need to spend money on new mower right now with your business being so small.

81Bronk36
10-17-2008, 05:27 PM
i think you're getting ahead of yourself...

Yes I would agree, but I am not pulling the trigger any time soon, its just if things continue with the same size lawns a 46-52 or 56 seams like a pretty good option.

I did notice they still weigh over 1000 lbs, holy crap!

dura to the max
10-17-2008, 05:31 PM
i would wait till you grow some, then see what size machine you have need of. why plan now when in 6-8 months, when you actually need a z, you may have multiple acreage accounts...the mower that would fit your needs now might not be the mower for you when you actually need a z.

djchiodo3
10-17-2008, 05:32 PM
You said you can mow most under 9 min. Must be small lawns. Stay with walk behind. Hell it takes half that time to walk to trailer ,drop gate, start and get mower out of trailer, and start mowing.

81Bronk36
10-17-2008, 05:45 PM
Heck sometimes its harder to find parking for my trailer/truck then it takes to mow the whole lawn. 6 are tiny, all under 25 minutes solo to blow and load. And I have one 1/2 acre that takes me 1:15 for the whole gig. The sad part of the other 2 business's in the area (the area of the 6 small lawns) one guy uses a 60. And the other uses some similarly sized small z's. I gotta say if I had electric start, and a parking brake on my w/b it would be perfect.

djchiodo3
10-17-2008, 05:59 PM
Stick with what you have and save your money. When the time is right, I would buy a newer used walk behind that is electric start, has a working parking brake, and a stand on plat form or velke.

traman
10-17-2008, 06:04 PM
if i were you, i would wait till more reviews come out on the new toro grandstand, it sounds like that would be the perfect mower for you. on the small lawns,you can have the platform up and just walk behind it , plus in the rainy season if the lawn get a little soft you will have less rutting issues and then jump on the platform for the larger ones you may have in the future.