PDA

View Full Version : Customer permission for pictures

jnjnlc
02-10-2002, 05:49 PM
Do you guys get permission from your customers before posting thier lawn or landscaping pictures on your website.

Thanks

gusbuster
02-10-2002, 08:17 PM
As long as their is no street address or street name showing, I don't. I always tell people however, that I may use pics that I'm taking and posting to my site.

John

1MajorTom
02-10-2002, 09:31 PM
Good question, I was wondering the same thing.

Lawn-Scapes
12-12-2002, 07:55 PM
Any more info on this topic?

My wife is on me.. she says it's not right. I will ask my customers.. but would like to know anyway for future reference

Stonehenge
12-12-2002, 08:11 PM
Most of my customers are flattered that I want to use their properties, and I've only heard of one person ever making a stink about it (go figure, he was an attorney).

If you're concerned, put a clause in your contract that says they agree to any and all photos used for any advertising or other use, without remuneration.

I've been taking pics of our scapes for years and have not once had a problem.

bubble boy
12-12-2002, 08:54 PM
at first i asked...never had anything but a completely positive result. but i try to get a read first...a couple pics i want, i have not taken yet, haven't got around to asking and aren't sure of the response...

so i guess it would depend on the customer...ie. famous, anal, mafia...

crazygator
12-24-2002, 01:24 AM
Jeff,
I think if you bring it up, at first it might not be a big deal but then later they might not want their place all over the internet. I do not ask, but have not had a problem as of yet. If someone did find out and want it taken off, then no big deal. Of course I find it helpful to take before and after photo's on most everything for proof of work. Just in case they dont want to pay and all the hassles with that stuff.

If you feel uncomfortable then just ask. All they can say is no. But also make sure you tell them you will not list any personal info, like name, street name, or address. Your just wanting to show off your work, not their house or business.

By the way, you missed a great time at GIE. See you at the next one, I hear Jackie and Charita already are saving their money for it........:D

Tell them hello from the original "Crazygator".

Fine Lines Lawn
12-24-2002, 10:35 AM
I do not ask, however, those with posted pictures have a notation on their invoices that they may see photos of their lawns on our web site. So far, everyone has been flattered.