PDA

View Full Version : General opinions on Bobcat 743

ToroLandscaper
10-18-2008, 05:07 AM
What are some general opinions on the Bobcat 743, they seem like you can pick one up for pretty cheap...

Grassmechanic
10-18-2008, 11:02 AM
I'd definately consider one. I've rented several different brands and always liked the 743. Good power, ease of maint., good visibility, etc.

bobcat_ron
10-18-2008, 11:43 AM
They were good machines for their time.

ksss
10-18-2008, 02:56 PM
They were good machines for their time.

Ditto, as far as power goes it is relative. They were a small machine with small power, but the reliability was excellent. Find one with low hours and a reseasonable price and you wont lose money on it. I think that machine single handedly launched BC. Too bad they have not been able to recreate that kind of success since then.

accurate machinery
10-18-2008, 09:28 PM
I had lots of them years ago, a very good machine. Watch out for bad starter motors and stripped flywheel teeth, I think that lots of people didn't realize that they had to turn the key to the left to engage the glow plugs, then they would over use the starter motors. The early Kubota 4 cylinder had lots of head gasket problems or cracked head problems, probably from overheating or starting fluid use. Watch out for oil in the radiator or antifreeze in the oil, smoky exhaust or heavy blow-by. Loader arms get a lot of plating in the cross bar. Sounds like a lot of problems, but those machines are getting old, the 743B was even better if you can find one.