PDA

View Full Version : Landscape design software

kogafortwo
10-18-2008, 08:12 AM
Can someone recommend a simple homeowner level landscape design software? If you google "landscape design software" you get, like, a zillion hits or so.

Freeware and trial versions would be good to start with. Thanks.

Rob E
10-18-2008, 10:50 PM
I am also looking for good design software that has the plants of south Florida and a program that will allow me to take a photo of a customers home and change the landscaping and prepare an estimate. Looking for ease of use and the best quality program. Please help sort out this mess for me.
Rob

Summit L & D
10-20-2008, 08:53 AM
Homeowner versions, I have no idea.

ProLandscape 14 is pretty good. It'll do everything you want it to do, Rob E.

Dreams To Designs
10-20-2008, 09:23 AM
Just remember, with any software you purchase, it is not the software that will be creating the design. The software is only imaging or plan software, it is not design software. There is much more to landscape design than software.

Punch software seems to be very popular and easy to use, but you get what you pay for. If this is for yourself, perhaps it will be adequate, if this is to be used professionally, you will be disappointed. It would be like performing mowing services with craftsman equipment. It will work, but the results will reflect the tools.

If you want professional results, work with a designer that uses software like Pro Landscape, Dynascape or even Google Sketchup. The results will be well worth the money spent.

Kirk