PDA

View Full Version : Exmark Lazer AS, Scag Tiger Cub, or Wildcat

greggt
10-18-2008, 05:54 PM
Hey all, I'm trying to decide which 60" mower to buy. I know what qualities I'm looking for, but haven't had much luck in finding demos for the above models- the demos around here are the bigger Turf Tiger and regular Lazer. I'm hoping somebody out there has the experience to answer a few questions.

What I'm looking for: a 60" ZTR in the 1200 pound or less range that gives a good cut and rides as smooth as possible. I want to go easy on the lawns(lighter mower), but also easy on my back, as the reason I'm getting a rider is I've got a stress fracture in my lower back from buzzing around on a velky/sulky for the last four years. Also, these mowers will all(barely) fit on my existing trailer along with my TurfTracer 60.

My questions:
Does anyone have experience on both the Lazer AS and the Tiger Cub?
How does the ride compare, and/or which would you recommend?
How about the Wildcat?

The prices I've found have been ~7500 for the AS, 8000 for the Cub, and 9000 for the Wildcat. All of them come with at least a 25 hp engine. The extra money for the Wildcat looks like it will buy a cushier seat and bigger front tires, which would be nice, but that's a pretty big bump up in price. I could buy the AS, spend some $$ on a suspension seat and some weights to keep the front tires from bouncing up so much, and still come out with a lot more money in pocket.

Any ideas/opinions/experience that anyone has to help make my decision clearer would be much appreciated. Thanks for the input, Gregg

ffemt1271
10-18-2008, 05:58 PM
i can say exmarks are very dependable. i have 4 of them, the AS looks good, the only problem i see is if the yard is soft, the skinny front tires may leave depressions moreso than the wide ones, the upgrade suspension seat from exmark is $500. i dont have any experience with the other 2 you mention.

nosparkplugs
10-18-2008, 06:20 PM
I have owned the Scag Tiger Cubs 20hp Kohler 48" velocity plus decks. I would never own another Tiger Cub or Scag for that matter. The 20hp Scag Tiger Cub was underpowered, and the resulting issues were: daily clumping, constant double cutting, deck blow out, lots of daily cleaning (clogged) underside of the velocity deck. You should look at the BB AOS gas line 27 LC kawi 60" deck for $9,765 that would be comparbale to the Scag wildcat with suspension seat & suspension ride

Walker or Bad Boy for me

greggt
10-18-2008, 07:08 PM
One more question I just thought of:
If you've only owned one of these mowers, what did you think of the ride?

CALandscapes
10-18-2008, 07:10 PM
I'm a bit upset by the prices you were quoted; I bought another Tiger Cub 48" w/the Kaw 19 hp for nearly $8k...

That's a huge difference.... :hammerhead: :dizzy:

SomervilleLawncare
10-18-2008, 07:45 PM
I have a 52" Tiger Cub with a 25 Kohler and absolutely love the machine. I've never had a problem with any clumping in the Velocity deck. The mower gives a beautiful cut and is very comfortable. Do some price shopping though. I bought my 52" for $6700 a couple months ago. The dealer said it was only $100 more for the 60"

joslawn33
10-18-2008, 08:48 PM
I also own a cub 19 kawi bought this year no problems at all these scags with the velocity deck will smoke the competion period.:weightlifter:

nosparkplugs
10-18-2008, 10:16 PM
I also own a cub 19 kawi bought this year no problems at all these scags with the velocity deck will smoke the competion period.:weightlifter:

Ok the 20hp Kohler Tiger Cub 48" velocity deck was underpowered, but I know the 19hp Kawi has more power:laugh: In southern grass's especially wet, thick or morning dew the Tiger Cub 48" velocity deck was a SLUG period

Coming from a ex Scag owner, Scags are unrefined in the comfort department, nothing rides worse than a Scag. Their is no reason to spend the extra cash on the Scags anymore "STOP THE MADNESS" not worth it in today's competetive ZTR market, Scag dealers have big heads too:laugh:. Take a honest look at the BB AOS gas line vs the Wildcat or the BB Lightning vs the Scag Tiger Cub. The BB's have more standard features, thicker decks 1/4" thick, stronger frames, higher HPengines LC or AC come standard. I just purchased the BB AOS 35hp CAT diesel, and have no regrets overlooking Scag's TT with a 28hp cat diesel for $15,000 . Their whole line is overated, overpriced, and have you hog tied for engine options:laugh:

ed2hess
10-18-2008, 10:33 PM
We got the Scag Cub 61" with 25hp Kohler and flat free tires and the confee seat for $7300. And I have never seen a better cut and we use the unit with mulch blades and outlet closed. And we do a LOT of mowing right after the irrigation runs. We have never had anything else but can't image the cut being a problem and Ferris, Toro, Snapper, Exmark would not match the price so don't know who sells better. And the ride is fine......big wide tires and wide footprint seems to ride a LOT better than 48" units. We got 450 hours on ours and like it a lot. We don't cut cow pastures with weeds mainly grass.

greggt
10-18-2008, 11:06 PM
It's a cool mower name, but I've never seen or heard of them here in CT- maybe they haven't reached this far north...

nosparkplugs
10-18-2008, 11:09 PM
It's a cool mower name, but I've never seen or heard of them here in CT- maybe they haven't reached this far north...

I could care less about the name:laugh:, their building some amazing machines, and I could not overlook them.

nosparkplugs
10-18-2008, 11:16 PM
We got the Scag Cub 61" with 25hp Kohler and flat free tires and the confee seat for $7300. And I have never seen a better cut and we use the unit with mulch blades and outlet closed. And we do a LOT of mowing right after the irrigation runs. We have never had anything else but can't image the cut being a problem and Ferris, Toro, Snapper, Exmark would not match the price so don't know who sells better. And the ride is fine......big wide tires and wide footprint seems to ride a LOT better than 48" units. We got 450 hours on ours and like it a lot. We don't cut cow pastures with weeds mainly grass.

I wish i could agree with you; however I maintain high end accounts that have irrigation also, and the Velcoity deck did not do well in thick wet Bermuda grass I could look at the yard, and "say yep it's going to clump" right 100% of the time. I do agree that if your Scag dealer meet your price needs good for you; however that is not the case throughout the country the local Scag dealer here is historically expensive.

djagusch
10-18-2008, 11:27 PM
I like my Scags cut. I used a 48" cub with a 19hp kawi before I got a Turf Tiger and it rode well.

It sounds like a person in this thread has a beef with Scag and is pushing BB mowers. Just count how many positives to one person's negative to help make the decision.

nosparkplugs
10-18-2008, 11:45 PM
I like my Scags cut. I used a 48" cub with a 19hp kawi before I got a Turf Tiger and it rode well.

It sounds like a person in this thread has a beef with Scag and is pushing BB mowers. Just count how many positives to one person's negative to help make the decision.

Scag mowers don't float on clouds or fart money either, no beef with Scag, these mowers are no different than a truck purchase. Some say Dodge Cummins suck, yet some like them. My experience says Scag's are on average overpriced, and overated. It's ok to post all the positive; however to post any negative on these Scags is "taboo". I like having money in my pocket when all possible, and maybe 4 years ago I would agree, I could care less if anyone purchase's a BB or Walker. In the year 2008 their are comparable machines with more options for less money. Whats wrong with high quality for less money, get ready cause my pictures will be coming of the new 35hp AOS diesel's cut qaulity in all grass types. Local Scag dealer has no fear:laugh:, guess what they just lost a underpowerd, overpriced Scag TT Cat diesel sale from me:laugh: it's adding up

djagusch
10-18-2008, 11:52 PM
Out of 15 posts, you have 5 of them. You stated your opinion that is great. Coming back and arguing about others opinions isn't helping anything. Everyone has an opinion and that is what the original poster is looking for. He is not looking for a person acting like he knows better than everyone else.

nosparkplugs
10-18-2008, 11:56 PM
Out of 15 posts, you have 5 of them. You stated your opinion that is great. Coming back and arguing about others opinions isn't helping anything. Everyone has an opinion and that is what the original poster is looking for. He is not looking for a person acting like he knows better than everyone else.

Ok, So your the Scag authority, and your arguing why Scag is "Simply the Best" Please double standard, Sometimes when purchasing a ZTR you get into these "brand loyal" cults, and the bainwashing, guess I broke free:laugh: for the better, these are facts, and should be free knoweldge for any potenial Scag buyer.

djagusch
10-19-2008, 12:05 AM
No I stated my opinion and pointed out that there was only one poster that was negative but posted multi times. Then you started bad mouthing again. I stated the facts. You had another smart a$$ post.

So lets see if we can have other posters give him more opinions than just the ones that have already been given. Get it yet.

nosparkplugs
10-19-2008, 12:19 AM
No I stated my opinion and pointed out that there was only one poster that was negative but posted multi times. Then you started bad mouthing again. I stated the facts. You had another smart a$$ post.

So lets see if we can have other posters give him more opinions than just the ones that have already been given. Get it yet.

Yes thread moderator

Ferdelance
10-19-2008, 12:40 AM
I don't know if buying a sit down ZTR is a good thing for someone with a bad back. I have never mowed with a sit down ZTR, but in other threads, people have mentioned that even with a suspension seat, their backs still take a beating from their ZTR's with suspension seats.
Ferris makes a full suspension ZTR that you might want to look into. I'm sure Ferris would be a more comfortable ride than Scag or eXmark.
I use to own a wright Stander(currently using a Wright Velke mower) and I never had any back issues at all.

Razorblades
10-19-2008, 01:23 AM
Hey all, I'm trying to decide which 60" mower to buy. I know what qualities I'm looking for, but haven't had much luck in finding demos for the above models- the demos around here are the bigger Turf Tiger and regular Lazer. I'm hoping somebody out there has the experience to answer a few questions.

What I'm looking for: a 60" ZTR in the 1200 pound or less range that gives a good cut and rides as smooth as possible. I want to go easy on the lawns(lighter mower), but also easy on my back, as the reason I'm getting a rider is I've got a stress fracture in my lower back from buzzing around on a velky/sulky for the last four years. Also, these mowers will all(barely) fit on my existing trailer along with my TurfTracer 60.

My questions:
Does anyone have experience on both the Lazer AS and the Tiger Cub?
How does the ride compare, and/or which would you recommend?
How about the Wildcat?

The prices I've found have been ~7500 for the AS, 8000 for the Cub, and 9000 for the Wildcat. All of them come with at least a 25 hp engine. The extra money for the Wildcat looks like it will buy a cushier seat and bigger front tires, which would be nice, but that's a pretty big bump up in price. I could buy the AS, spend some $$ on a suspension seat and some weights to keep the front tires from bouncing up so much, and still come out with a lot more money in pocket.

Any ideas/opinions/experience that anyone has to help make my decision clearer would be much appreciated. Thanks for the input, Gregg

What Mower Brands do you have to choose From in your area? For $9000.00, there are alot of brands that sell 60-61" mowers.

greggt
10-19-2008, 07:37 AM
Scag
Exmark
Ferris
Hustler
John Deere
Toro
Lesco
Wright

Most guys around here are using Scag and Exmark. The lawnsite consensus seems to be that Ferris rides nice, but the cut is not so great. The lawnsite consensus for Hustler is more mixed- some people like them, and some people think the cut is not as good as Scag and Exmark. I thought about getting a Hustler with flex front forks, but the dealer near me did not impress. I've never really heard anything about JD, or seen any commercial guys using them. The rep on Toro used to be that they were a homeowner machine, but now seems to be getting closer and closer to an Exmark with a different name on the seat. I used a Lesco 48" hydro walkbehind once- never again... Don't know much about the Wright stand ons, but the controls are a little low for a 6'3" guy, and my knees were getting a little beat up by my stand on velke/sulky even before the back problems, so I thought a ZTR was the better choice.

I just saw that there is also a Gravely and Ariens dealer not that far away, but I know less than nothing about them.
No Walkers or Bad Boys that I know of.

Ferdelance
10-19-2008, 07:58 AM
Sounds like you are leaning toward a Scag or eXmark. If you get either, make sure you get the cushiest suspension seat and drive carefully and not to fast with either mower until your back gets better.
I would suggest demoing a Wright stander along with the other mowers. I am almost as tall as you and never had any trouble with the controls. The controls do take a day or so to get used to.
Someone one on the site said if you want to demo a mower, you should call the lawnmower manufacture and tell them you are interested in their mower. They will figure out how to get you a demo of their mower. :)
Some(not all) lawn mower dealers are not letting potential customers demo mowers.:nono:

ALC-GregH
10-19-2008, 08:48 AM
Ok the 20hp Kohler Tiger Cub 48" velocity deck was underpowered, but I know the 19hp Kawi has more power:laugh: In southern grass's especially wet, thick or morning dew the Tiger Cub 48" velocity deck was a SLUG period

Coming from a ex Scag owner, Scags are unrefined in the comfort department, nothing rides worse than a Scag. Their is no reason to spend the extra cash on the Scags anymore "STOP THE MADNESS" not worth it in today's competetive ZTR market, Scag dealers have big heads too:laugh:. Take a honest look at the BB AOS gas line vs the Wildcat or the BB Lightning vs the Scag Tiger Cub. The BB's have more standard features, thicker decks 1/4" thick, stronger frames, higher HPengines LC or AC come standard. I just purchased the BB AOS 35hp CAT diesel, and have no regrets overlooking Scag's TT with a 28hp cat diesel for $15,000 . Their whole line is overated, overpriced, and have you hog tied for engine options:laugh:

Sounds like your a BB nut swinger to me.
I bought my Tiger Cub in May this year and I can't say enough good about it. The 25hp on a 61in deck is plenty of power. Over rated?, over priced? You get what you pay for. I have the suspension seat and it rides great. I would never want a mower that "unfolds" to service like the BB. The velocity deck is one of if not, the best cutting deck on the market today. I've cut in wet grass, dry grass, it really doesn't matter, it cuts clean, smooth and fast. Simply the best.
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e160/americanlawncare/PA100020.jpg?t=1224420468

Razorblades
10-19-2008, 09:46 AM
Scag
Exmark
Ferris
Hustler
John Deere
Toro
Lesco
Wright

Most guys around here are using Scag and Exmark. The lawnsite consensus seems to be that Ferris rides nice, but the cut is not so great. The lawnsite consensus for Hustler is more mixed- some people like them, and some people think the cut is not as good as Scag and Exmark. I thought about getting a Hustler with flex front forks, but the dealer near me did not impress. I've never really heard anything about JD, or seen any commercial guys using them. The rep on Toro used to be that they were a homeowner machine, but now seems to be getting closer and closer to an Exmark with a different name on the seat. I used a Lesco 48" hydro walkbehind once- never again... Don't know much about the Wright stand ons, but the controls are a little low for a 6'3" guy, and my knees were getting a little beat up by my stand on velke/sulky even before the back problems, so I thought a ZTR was the better choice.

I just saw that there is also a Gravely and Ariens dealer not that far away, but I know less than nothing about them.

All of the brands that you've listed, make good quality equipment. As you've seen, there are some that will consider only one brand or believe that there's only one good brand. Don't get caught up in their hype. The important thing is to demo the mowers before buying. Make it known to the dealers that you will not consider buying a mower from them without demo'ing one first. You can also use one of the leading "Scag nut swinger's" philosophy and just go find the most expensive mower out there and it will be be best since "you get what you pay for":laugh:

Mike Blevins
10-19-2008, 09:52 AM
Sounds like your a BB nut swinger to me.
I bought my Tiger Cub in May this year and I can't say enough good about it. The 25hp on a 61in deck is plenty of power. Over rated?, over priced? You get what you pay for. I have the suspension seat and it rides great. I would never want a mower that "unfolds" to service like the BB. The velocity deck is one of if not, the best cutting deck on the market today. I've cut in wet grass, dry grass, it really doesn't matter, it cuts clean, smooth and fast. Simply the best.
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e160/americanlawncare/PA100020.jpg?t=1224420468

I agree, I am on my fourth Scag and am looking at another in the spring. Maybe I will go and demo a Badboy, AGAIN before I buy like the last time to make sure I buy the right machine. Another thing is this, yes there are different prices on Scags across the country but the Badboy dealer here charges more price than what the website states. I guess its a delivery and set up fee?etc. So Scag isn't the only mower out there were the prices are different in different areas. Heck there is a $1200.00 dollar difference in a 48" Turf Tracer in my city from one dealer to the next. And they are only 8 miles apart. SImpy the best I say simply the best. I would recommend them to anybody out there looking for a bulletproof machine.

ALC-GregH
10-19-2008, 10:01 AM
I looked at the list of mowers available in his area. The order he listed them in is the order I'd buy them in with the exception of JD being at the bottom. :)

Nosparkplugs posts sound like he's trying to justify his purchase of a BB mower that he deep down inside feels skeptical about, still. :) Otherwise he'd left it at that with his first post. Maybe the Scag "dealer" screwed him at one point, who knows.

nosparkplugs
10-19-2008, 10:19 AM
I agree, I am on my fourth Scag and am looking at another in the spring. Maybe I will go and demo a Badboy, AGAIN before I buy like the last time to make sure I buy the right machine. Another thing is this, yes there are different prices on Scags across the country but the Badboy dealer here charges more price than what the website states. I guess its a delivery and set up fee?etc. So Scag isn't the only mower out there were the prices are different in different areas. Heck there is a $1200.00 dollar difference in a 48" Turf Tracer in my city from one dealer to the next. And they are only 8 miles apart. SImpy the best I say simply the best. I would recommend them to anybody out there looking for a bulletproof machine.

If you demo another Bad Boy one thing I noticed on lawnsite is folks are "stacking the decks" not comparing apples to apples on these mower lines: example a Scag TT 28hp Cat diesel or Kubota diesel:laugh: should be demo'ed against the BB AOS diesel 35hp cat or 28hp cat diesel , or the Scag Wildcat vs the BB AOS gas line 27hp LC Kawaski or 32hp AC BB Vanguard . Most Scag guys are Demoing any Scag model from a wildcat to tiger cub against the BB Lightning line. Get the competitive demo model right, and then it's not even fair. Scag Dealers are historically stubborn to lower price's or deal. Let's make it clear I got the BB AOS 35hp Cat diesel 72" deck $13,675 out the door. A SCAG TT with 28hp Cat diesel 61" deck was $15,000 without tax:laugh: I gave the Local Scag dealer a chance to match either Bad Boy's AOS Cat Diesel price's he just would not come down. Heck The Kubota ZD line is better priced than Scag now. Scag is pricing their self out of the market in Memphis. I will live with the "BB swinger Nut" label :laugh: all the way to the bank, and mow circles around the competetion here with a stronger frame, thicker deck, 35hp 4 banger CAT diesel engine for less money. Scag could match with a overpriced 28hp 3 banger Cat diesel TT. BB is also American quality for less, I the feeling of more mower for less cash, extra cash in your pocket, is king in this economy right now:hammerhead:

George Mason
10-19-2008, 03:17 PM

If that's the case, you'll see the Gravely stacks up when compared and is probably the best priced unit. I just spend countless hours comparing the Scag to the Gravely 260 XDZ. Same clutch, same brand hydro-gear pumps but the Gravely has 21 cc to the Scag's 16 cc, and the X Factor deck is just as sturdy and lays a super nice cut. I just used mine all day yesterday so I am just getting to put hours on it and I have never had any other brand so that's worth mentioning but you can see from posts on this board and the many PM conversations I've have with other Gravely owners that it holds its own despite not have the glam name - a name well deserved, not taking anything away from Scag or Exmark, but if the price is right and your dealer is good I'd take the Gravely, I just did four days ago.

SomervilleLawncare
10-19-2008, 04:13 PM
I demoed the bad boy mowers at my local dealer and was not impressed. They are definitely a well built machine but the cut quality was nowhere near that of the Scag. The dealer sold both and I ran them next to each other. The stripe and cut of the Tiger Cub was much better. I asked him what the best he could do on the Bad Boy was and he said they can't deal at all on those mowers. If they drop the price at all Bad Boy will take their dealer license. IMO the bad boy is a nice mower, but for me personally the Scag was the right choice

nosparkplugs
10-19-2008, 05:08 PM
I looked at the list of mowers available in his area. The order he listed them in is the order I'd buy them in with the exception of JD being at the bottom. :)

Nosparkplugs posts sound like he's trying to justify his purchase of a BB mower that he deep down inside feels skeptical about, still. :) Otherwise he'd left it at that with his first post. Maybe the Scag "dealer" screwed him at one point, who knows.

I am totally comfortable with the BB AOS diesel purchase; however the Scag dealer who sells Walkers also was $2,000 higher on the Walkers. When you have a Gold Scag dealer who is overpriced, what do you do? Stop doing business with them, and to further add salt to the wound the new Scag tiger cub we previously purchased did not perform as I expected. Instrument panel bolts kept loosing up, the Comfort seat bolts feel off many times, rough ride too. I ran the Scag hard daily, and it would bogg down in thick grass, throw drive belts climbing hills or mowing berms. Finally the 48" Velocity deck with a 20hp Kohler was a slug.

djagusch
10-19-2008, 05:20 PM
I guess you didn't get it.

IHusky
10-19-2008, 05:53 PM
that's the case, you'll see the Gravely stacks up when compared and is probably the best priced unit. I just spend countless hours comparing the Scag to the Gravely 260 XDZ. Same clutch, same brand hydro-gear pumps but the Gravely has 21 cc to the Scag's 16 cc, and the X Factor deck is just as sturdy and lays a super nice cut. I just used mine all day yesterday so I am just getting to put hours on it and I have never had any other brand so that's worth mentioning but you can see from posts on this board and the many PM conversations I've have with other Gravely owners that it holds its own despite not have the glam name - a name well deserved, not taking anything away from Scag or Exmark, but if the price is right and your dealer is good I'd take the Gravely, I just did four days ago.

I always talk to the crew that cuts the school right by my house and they love thier Gravelys and they use the crap out of them.

nosparkplugs
10-19-2008, 06:20 PM
I always talk to the crew that cuts the school right by my house and they love thier Gravelys and they use the crap out of them.

Congrats, :dancing:your taking a risk voicing out against the Scag, here comes the Wolf's:laugh:, my Gosh the Gravely was a better mower for you, and you saved money could not agree more. Lets see if the Wolf's play fair

jkingrph
10-19-2008, 07:01 PM
I have a 2 year old Scag Wildcat 52" with Velocity deck. Cut is good, no clumping and the seat is a dream, like a comfortable living room chair.

Mike Blevins
10-19-2008, 08:51 PM
Congrats, :dancing:your taking a risk voicing out against the Scag, here comes the Wolf's:laugh:, my Gosh the Gravely was a better mower for you, and you saved money could not agree more. Lets see if the Wolf's play fair

LOL GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!:hammerhead:

Intricate
10-20-2008, 12:54 AM
Geez, we get it, you don't like Scag. Fanboy overcompensation is very unbecoming an adult. Move on please. :hammerhead:

OP, Best advice I could give would be to get the best deal on the above mowers you mentioned. Dealer service is vitally important to your longterm satisfaction. All of those mowers are pedigreed and you should be happy with any. Good luck and let us know which you went with and what you thought.

fiveoboy01
10-23-2008, 02:43 AM
I have been running a 60" Lazer Z AS/28 Kawi for this entire season.

Great mower, Ultracut deck cuts perfect, plenty of power... I'm "young" with a good back yet and the ride isn't too bad but I think I'll be upgrading to the suspension seat for next season.

ecky88
10-23-2008, 11:04 PM
I would go with the AS, upgrade the seat. Some dealer are going with a free upgrade on the AS unit until the end of October, so hurry up. You may want to consider the 28 Kawi so if you decide to bag you can get a little more power. The 25HP is good but I like the 28 a little more. Also, you can get the tires semi-pheumatic as well, good option, nobody likes a flat tire.

Rons Rightway Lawncare
10-24-2008, 12:32 AM
You better arrange a extended demo and try one on some of your more bumpy lawns. All of them will give a bouncy ride, you might find it easier to stand on a stand-on type mower.

I have owned the Wildcat and the Tigercub, the Wildcat has a better seat, but has stiff runflat front tires which makes the ride more harsh even with the better seat. I have a Tiger cub right now with the optional suspension seat. The suspension seat is firm, not a big improvement.

ALC-GregH
10-24-2008, 08:55 AM
You better arrange a extended demo and try one on some of your more bumpy lawns. All of them will give a bouncy ride, you might find it easier to stand on a stand-on type mower.

I have owned the Wildcat and the Tigercub, the Wildcat has a better seat, but has stiff runflat front tires which makes the ride more harsh even with the better seat. I have a Tiger cub right now with the optional suspension seat. The suspension seat is firm, not a big improvement.

I have the Cub with suspension seat, I can't see where it's NOT a big improvement. Stick a standard seat on there once and I bet you'll think twice.

Rons Rightway Lawncare
10-24-2008, 10:13 AM
It is a improvement over the stock Tiger cub seat, but not much if any improvement over the seat that comes standard on the wildcat.

I just don't like how firm the seat is with the suspension seat, the foam is not soft at all... all the shock loads have to get taken up by the suspension system and it can't take it all out, so you still get jarred through the firm foam padding. I guess it is a improvement, but just wish the seat was a little softer, and wish the seat was covered in cloth and not vinyl so my butt wouldn't be so hot and sweaty in the summertime.

ALC-GregH
10-24-2008, 11:32 AM
I can agree with that and I see your point.

Space Coast Cracker
11-07-2008, 04:11 PM
Hi Guys! Been to the site a few times over the last couple of years and lately have been debating a new mower -tiger cub or Wildcat probably. I've been using a TC 52" w 23 Kawi since 01. I muclch exclusively on the east coast of Fl. My mower gives a beatiful cut, especially since I quit using gator blades, just use high lift blades. I have a commercial quality blade sharpener by Brandlein, a Fireball that gives me nice edges. There is a nasty weed in this area, we refer to it sometimes as skunk grass. Very coarse grows like crazy when it rains, stays damp and will pack my deck in no time flat if I have to mow a patch, clumps like spinach-nasty stuff. But other than that my scag cuts great. They are a little more expensive but I dont think any other mower can top the cut. Just decided to put in my 2cents worth.:) Steve