PDA

View Full Version : year round contracts

jpayne
10-18-2008, 06:55 PM
i was just wondering if anyone one here lives in the southern states and does any year round contracts i just need a little help tryin to see how to go about it

Elite Outdoor
10-19-2008, 12:57 AM
We package ours with doing spring prep work, maintenance during the growing season, and then leaf removal during the winter months.

bohiaa
10-19-2008, 01:51 AM
winter and fall is one of the most profetable times of the year.... We do tons of color change, and Rye, and this is when I get my BEST prices on mulch......and such
there is simply NO down time

ffemt1271
10-19-2008, 10:14 AM
don't do any year rounds. i just do them as needed thru the winter months.

Turf Dawg
10-19-2008, 01:01 PM
All of my commercial are on yearly contracts. They pay the same every month and this makes winter time one of my favorites.

White Gardens
10-19-2008, 01:17 PM
I'm jealous of you Southern guys.

I'm just trying to finish jobs before the ground freezes, and I have to turn around and get geared up for snow removal. I pray every winter that we have at least two snow falls, and I would like to see 6-8 good plows.

I would love to have landscaping maintenance contracts all year round. I can only push for winter printings, and a few random leaves and such in the winter.

nosparkplugs
10-19-2008, 01:41 PM
Majority of our commercial & residentials are 12 month contracts, during the fall we focus on leaves, 2nd seasonal mulching, hardscaping projects. Yes the southern States are blessed with a true 12 month income cycle, no snow is a big adavantage for us. I do have some church's who stop service in december, and start back up in March or April. I run some ZTR's all year long no rest.

ed2hess
10-19-2008, 08:17 PM
I'm jealous of you Southern guys.

I'm just trying to finish jobs before the ground freezes, and I have to turn around and get geared up for snow removal. I pray every winter that we have at least two snow falls, and I would like to see 6-8 good plows.

I would love to have landscaping maintenance contracts all year round. I can only push for winter printings, and a few random leaves and such in the winter.
We try to get landscape/irrigation installs in the winter to keep workers busy. Dont' anybody landscape up north in the winter?

Superior L & L
10-19-2008, 10:05 PM
When you have 2-3' of frost in the ground its a little tuff to dig