PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle Traciking/GPS Sytems

CALandscapes
10-18-2008, 06:43 PM
Just wanted to get opinions from those who have vehicle tracking systems on their work trucks...

Are they worth it?

A friend of mine recommended me to get one put on the work trucks, and I'm waiting right now to get them installed and see how they work..

He showed me his, on the internet, and it shows exactly where the vehicles are, the stops they've made, max speeds, etc.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how this works, especially because one of my employees uses the work truck as his daily driver, as well (although it's only supposed to be to/from work and short, necessary errands; we'll see, though!)

Frontier-Lawn
10-18-2008, 08:42 PM
once i get the need for employees I'm doing sprint phones for them with the gps locate system and if they go out of the designated area they are supposed to be in a get a email or text.

ropinghorns
10-19-2008, 08:10 AM
I put 5 tracking units in 2 tractors , 2 bobcats and 1 excavator. Now let someone steal them and see what happens. I am 6,4 and weigh 300. I now have a source to fight crime. Got mine from "stealth tracking". Do a search if you are interested. They were the cheapest around.

CALandscapes
10-20-2008, 12:05 AM
I am 6,4 and weigh 300. I now have a source to fight crime.

I love it!

I'm more worried, though, about where my employees (one imparticular) are driving.

He sometimes takes two hours to run an hour errand, and I'll have the laborers calling ME asking where he is and when he'll be back... :confused::confused:

Flow Control
10-20-2008, 06:18 AM
CAL, what service did you go with.

Frontier-Lawn
10-20-2008, 08:29 AM
I put 5 tracking units in 2 tractors , 2 bobcats and 1 excavator. Now let someone steal them and see what happens. I am 6,4 and weigh 300. I now have a source to fight crime. Got mine from "stealth tracking". Do a search if you are interested. They were the cheapest around.

was this it?

http://www.stealthtracking.com/

AintNoFun
10-20-2008, 05:06 PM
what happens when your insurance company asks to see how your guys are driving and there not happy with what they see?

ropinghorns
10-20-2008, 07:29 PM
That is the site. It is made mostly for tote the note car lots I think, but is the cheapest around.

Frontier-Lawn
10-20-2008, 07:43 PM
what happens when your insurance company asks to see how your guys are driving and there not happy with what they see?

i dont think they have that right, only if court ordered dui breath tester is installed.

AintNoFun
10-21-2008, 08:49 AM
well if i was your insurance company id ask.. youd say no, then id say hes hiding something lets jack him up 15% anyway...
if you dont trust your guys get new guys..
a gps is just gonna tell you something you dont want to know.. your guys slack, almost every crew slacks, so you catch your guys fire them, u think the next crew is gonna be better? i could see the gps from a theft angle though..

i dont think they have that right, only if court ordered dui breath tester is installed.

ropinghorns
10-26-2008, 09:10 PM
Did I mention they come with a panic button, a dead battery notification, geo fencing, and other alarms that are text messaged to your phone. Like, speed control. starter disconnect, and in my truck I can have it unlock my doors.

CALandscapes
10-27-2008, 09:05 AM
I ended up going with a company called TracNet.

The units will be installed this weekend.