PDA

View Full Version : anybody use a cyclone rake with a ZTR?

lazer 46
10-18-2008, 06:59 PM
I just got all the info on the cyclone rake. Looks impressive as I have a few huge leaf jobs. However all the pictures and videos show a lawn tractor pulling the rake. Has anybody used this rake with a ZTR? I have a lazer and I'm not about to go out and get the ultravac for 3 grand.

RLLServicesCT
10-18-2008, 08:34 PM
Yes, They have special mounting brackets for the ZTR. I got a brochure in the mail and if you give them the serial #, model, co. etc.. they will match it up. With the ZTR you will have a 3 point hitch I believe, so you can turn fully with it attached. Should work good if you do decide to get one. Call the Co. for more details maybe?

Richard Martin
10-18-2008, 08:42 PM
I use the Brinly version (http://www.amazing-atv-machinery.com/lawn-vac-brinly-products.html) and mine works great behind a 60" Dixie Chopper.

thu cutting edge
10-18-2008, 09:18 PM
i use one with my turf tiger and it works wonders. but remember to take wide turns!!!

LarryF
10-18-2008, 09:43 PM
I just got all the info on the cyclone rake. Looks impressive as I have a few huge leaf jobs. However all the pictures and videos show a lawn tractor pulling the rake. Has anybody used this rake with a ZTR? I have a lazer and I'm not about to go out and get the ultravac for 3 grand.

My Cyclone Rake gets towed by the 52" Lazer Z HP shown in my avatar. Been using it for a few years now. I've often wondered why Woodland doesn't show ZTRs in their ads pulling the CR, but yes, it works and works well. Keep in mind that I'm just a homeowner, but I guess that shouldn't matter to you. Sorry I don't have a photo, but maybe I'll snap one when I hook them together in a few weeks.

lazer 46
10-18-2008, 09:47 PM
My Cyclone Rake gets towed by the 52" Lazer Z HP shown in my avatar. Been using it for a few years now. I've often wondered why Woodland doesn't show ZTRs in their ads pulling the CR, but yes, it works and works well. Keep in mind that I'm just a homeowner, but I guess that shouldn't matter to you. Sorry I don't have a photo, but maybe I'll snap one when I hook them together in a few weeks.

thanks Larry. that's what I wanted to know.

George Mason
10-19-2008, 02:54 PM
My friend runs one on his Gravely 260 and really thinks its a strong unit. He has had it for several years now, no issues, made lots of money. I have a trac-vac system I am going to have fitted to my new Gravely 260. A different beast, but its really strong on the old lawn tractor I pulled it with for years. I might not even bother switching it over to my Z.

Runner
10-19-2008, 07:13 PM
Here's a video of one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtXsyPTth9c&feature=related

brudot
10-19-2008, 09:09 PM
I use a commander pro behind my Ferris 1000Z and my son-in-law uses one with his Scag ZTR. We both think that they are great. Transport is the only problem and not to practical for small properties.

macgyer58
10-25-2008, 05:31 PM

Larry, I'm a homeowner and am considering purchasing a cyclone rake to use with my ZTR. Just wondering if you wnet with the hose to suck the leaves out of the planting beds or are you using a blower for the beds? Thanks

LarryF
04-01-2009, 09:36 AM
Larry, I'm a homeowner and am considering purchasing a cyclone rake to use with my ZTR. Just wondering if you wnet with the hose to suck the leaves out of the planting beds or are you using a blower for the beds? Thanks

Macgyer,

Sorry I didn't see your question before. But today someone asked the same general question about whether anyone used a ZTR with a cyclone rake, so I came back to this thread so I could send him the URL.

But to answer your question above, I find it much easier and faster to blow out the planting beds with either my backpack or hand-held blower. In my case, both are RedMax products. Once the leaves are out on the lawn, I use the CR.

betmr
04-01-2009, 11:19 AM
I use a D-R leaf vac, behind a Toro Groundsmaster 7210 Z-turn. for Z machines they use caster wheels and they mount hard and fast to the mower. They do not articulate on turns, it is like a big extension on back of your machine. Works pretty good, but needs room.

I also have the extra pick up hose that comes in very handy for many spots, Like having a truck loader right on your Z.

yardatwork
04-01-2009, 01:02 PM
They make them for ZTRs. You'll need to purchase the commercial grade unit. However...just put a bagging system on your ZTR. It'll be just about the same exact price. I have a Cyclone Rake but never use it anymore since my ZTRs have baggers.