PDA

View Full Version : Employer Appreciation

elite lawns
10-19-2008, 02:33 AM
Do any of you guys do something nice for your guys this is my second year having full time guys so i thought i would take them and there girlfriend out for a steak dinner and gave them a week paid i only have two guys. what things do ya'll do for your workers so i can get some new things to do for the years to come thanks

NC Greenscaper
10-19-2008, 02:46 PM
I take my employees out for lunch on Fridays when time permits. I pick up the check. I also tell my employees, "I appreciate the good Job". The steak dinner sounds good. If you do the week paid then you should have that documented in the employee agreement. So that it can be given to all your employees fairly. JMO

Roger TheShrubber
10-20-2008, 08:20 AM
I probably go above and beyond, but I treat my guys as though they are gold. I take them on a week-long retreat. We fish, swim, ride ATVs, eat well, and have lots of fun. We also have some team building games during the week. We call that week the Toonk Retreat. My guys are called Toonks - but that's another story (one syllable word - easy to pronounce lol).

I provide the Toonk Retreat during the slow time in July instead of a Christmas Party. I also treat them to lunch quite often.

rossc_83
10-21-2008, 01:11 AM
Man, I wish I worked for you guys. The only appreciation I've gotten for hard work this year was laid off 3 different times without notice. My old boss treated us well though.

Roger TheShrubber
10-21-2008, 08:26 AM
I learned from an old boss, the imporance of recognizing and treating employees fairly. He would purchase a new piece of equipment, then expect everyone to work for free because that new piece of equipment was there to benefit the employees and was expensive.

He would also lay his employees off and then expect them to come in and work for free because he was paying their unemployment.

Christmas bonus the year I worked there - $5

ericmcj31
10-21-2008, 10:23 AM
I learned from an old boss, the imporance of recognizing and treating employees fairly. He would purchase a new piece of equipment, then expect everyone to work for free because that new piece of equipment was there to benefit the employees and was expensive.

He would also lay his employees off and then expect them to come in and work for free because he was paying their unemployment.

Christmas bonus the year I worked there - $5

WOW! Nice bonus:hammerhead::hammerhead: I am sure that helped attribute to employee loyalty. I buy my guys a new shovel every now and then-haha; no seriously-it comes out of their pay. j/k

JoyofFluidFilm
10-21-2008, 07:14 PM
wow, employee appreciation sounds cool!
It would be nice to have company parties ... and bonuses... do companies still give out Christmas bonus'???

br549oicu8
10-22-2008, 05:59 PM
I do a Christmas outing for all the guys that includes dinner, a comedy show and bonus money or gift certificates.
The crew leaders get to go with me to Las Vegas the first weekend of December for 3 nights on me. Last year I told the crew members that the best one was coming along. That made for good competition, but as it ended up, there was only one that was here all year. He is sooooo excited!! Never been to Vegas and one of my new crew leaders has never flown before!
This should be quite an experience for all!!
LOL!!
See ya'all in Louisville!!
Buddy

Green Team Landscaping
10-22-2008, 06:01 PM
This is an idea fore the teenagers here...My friends brother took all of his employees to prom in a limo.

Superior L & L
10-22-2008, 10:50 PM
Every year we have a chrismas party for anyone that lasted till the end of the season. Food, open bar and prizes. We just pull names from a hat. Last year we did A flat screen Tv, pistons tickets(good seats), gift cards, money etc.

You would be supprised how much 20 or so workers with there wifes/girlfriends can drink and eat

alternative
10-23-2008, 04:29 PM
$$$$$$Good ole "green" amount depends on how long they've been with me and how valuable they are to me

NewHorizon's Land
10-23-2008, 06:47 PM
I would say the above responses are good. The only other thing is maybe a tank of gas now and then or if they finish a job under budget pay them extra. Little things through out the year I find keeps the good work through out the year instead of just around bonus time.

jac82
10-23-2008, 08:08 PM
Kind of off the subject a little. What would you do for christmas for a really good customer. Corporate company but i only deal with plant manager and two other people.Restraunt gift cards?

pinto n mwr
10-24-2008, 12:33 AM
once worked for a company that offered profit sharing. the first 10% goes to the owner and anything above and beyond gets divided up. All season we were told that the number was 15% and could go higher but when the final number showed up it turned out to be 7%. 15% to 7% hmm.... Oh forgot they bought a new Tandem just before the number came out.