PDA

View Full Version : Laser levels

"Ground Control"
10-20-2008, 01:07 AM
I am bidding on a 2500 square foot interlock driveway and I decided its time to buy my own laser level. Is this a good one? Anything to look for/stay away from with these? Thanks!

http://www.engineersupply.com/cst-berger-electronic-lcd-dial-in-horizontal-vertical-self-leveling-interior-exterior-rotary-laser-57-algrpkg.aspx

Mike33
10-20-2008, 04:57 PM
Its like anything else at times you will get a lot of opinions on brands. I had a level for years and decided last year to buy a laser. I didn't need a lot of bells and whistles either. I have a survey shop local who swlls all of these components and bought 1 from them. I can't tell you the brand with out going out to truck and look but im sure its a good brand. I got the laser and 16' stick for $1,100.00. If possible i would buy local if you have that option and even pay a little more for it. The reason is: service, these things do recquire maintance they need cleaned and re-calibrated at time. This is something i would hate to pack up and send back for these reasons. My shop will even loan me one while im doing service on it if needed, this benefit is priceless. Also somethings you buy parts can be a pita to get.
Mike

JRSlawn
10-20-2008, 04:58 PM
Do your self a favor and get one that is rechargeable my berger eats batteries