PDA

View Full Version : Exmark Kohler vs. Kawasaki

CapitalLawnGroup
10-20-2008, 02:09 PM
I have been looking into getting an exmark, and have been asking around on ones preferences, Kohler vs. Kawasai. I have been going back and forth between the LazerZ hp, and the LazerZ advantage series. I don't want to get a deck too big because I have quite a few residentials with gates that I would not be able to get through with anything larger than a 52" for sure.

For this reason, I have been leaning more towards the HP with the 50" deck. Engine options on that are 23hp Kawasaki, or a 27hp Kohler. I have a 23hp Kohler right now, and although I have not had any problems with it YET, I have heard the surprise some have that it has run fine. I want more than 23hp, but don't know if I should stick with the Kohler.

Now, I come to another problem... if I want more than 23hp, and Kohler is not the answer, I have to go for the Advantage Series, with the 28hp Kawasaki. The only problem with that is the 52" deck, I don't have time to be push mowing what I can't fit into on the residentials, so I am nervous to get that big. SO, please let the advice flow... Thanks.

D Fricks
10-20-2008, 03:55 PM
I have the Lazer AS 52'' deck 28 Kawasaki Works great most areas used to have the Lazer hp but you will like the AS better because it has bigger hydro pumps and it pulls hills better more Torque Good luck with your choice!

razor1
10-20-2008, 04:21 PM
No problems with 27 Kohler, approx. 1200 hrs. IMO get the 52".

Bassman
10-20-2008, 04:42 PM
I have an Exmark Lazer HP with the 50" deck. Has the 27 Kohler with around 750 hrs. Not even a hiccup yet. I'm very happy with its performance.

IHusky
10-20-2008, 04:45 PM
I have the Lazer AS 52'' deck 28 Kawasaki Works great most areas used to have the Lazer hp but you will like the AS better because it has bigger hydro pumps and it pulls hills better more Torque Good luck with your choice!

Totally agree, you won't regret the bigger motor and pumps if the 52" deck will fit the majority of your gates.

Good luck