PDA

View Full Version : new machine research

dschomp
10-20-2008, 04:31 PM
I have been looking for a new 52" mower and have been concentrating on the Wright machines. I like the Standar RH but I have concerns about the frame. Most of the customers I currently have are hilly lawns with a lot of tree roots, rocks, and some holes. When doing research on the RH I have heard of a number of people with the frames cracking just in front of the rear wheels, as well as saw 2 frames sitting in the junk pile at a local dealer, that had been replaced under warranty with the same cracks. Have there been any changes made to resolve these issues? What if I buy a machine and the frame cracks after the warranty expires? Should I look at the heavier frame machines like the original Standar, Sentar, or the new ZK as the frames look stronger and able to take more abuse? Also I'm not a small operator at about 300lbs, adding more stress to the machine.

-Lawn Watcher

WrightCommercial
10-21-2008, 10:06 AM
dschomp,

I have replied to you from the contact area. The frame issue has been resolved, and yes, they have been covered under warranty. I have extended the warranty for the early model frames for an additional year for parts only. The heavier frame machines would make a better fit for you mainly for comfort. If you choose a smaller frame unit, I recommend you get on the unit and have someone measure for deck pitch.

Best regards
Wright Service Dept.