PDA

View Full Version : Lets keep it clean. Some finshed deck shots.

mrusk
10-20-2008, 06:37 PM
Lets keep this thread clean! Lets try to make it to atleast 25 pages this time before the lock! :laugh:

I had to meet the seal coat company out at the job site today so I snapped a few finshed decks pics. You can even seen the handrail! And yes, we got our final last week.

corey4671
10-20-2008, 06:41 PM
that's one nice big deck ya got there! If I had a big deck like that I'd wanna show it off too!! Bet your wife loves it!!1

stuvecorp
10-20-2008, 06:42 PM
Your installer did a good job. I personally just don't like decks if they aren't built with pavers.:)

shovelracer
10-20-2008, 07:53 PM
Did you find something in code about the handrail or was it a request all along? Dont tell me you sealcoated the driveway. IMO that is the biggest scam in the service industry. Im sure you had a good one, but can you really tell me that it does anything other than upset the lawn and plow guys? Deck looks great by the way.

DVS Hardscaper
10-20-2008, 08:34 PM
The deck does look very nice.

Although, it could use some lighting!

Mike33
10-20-2008, 09:48 PM
Great looking deck.
mike

kootoomootoo
10-21-2008, 03:18 PM
Looks good Matt.

LBFmd
10-21-2008, 05:10 PM
Really nice deck, but why post pictures of it in the first place. I would understand if you had done the intall, or design, or figured out the techinicalities of it, but you didn't. Yes you sold the job and congratualtions to you and it is very impressive job, but why not show off the work that YOU did, like the walls and pavers, instead of the deck you had your sub from PA build. I just dont understand why yu spend more time posting pictures of work that you did not install, design, but just sell, then work you had actually done. It would be like a home builder who subs out all his homes, designs, etc and just managed subs showing off pictures of work "he has done", when its stuff he hired someone else to do. Unless you just like posting stuff on here so we can all say we are not worthy!! or at least give some props to the SUB who actually did the work, because he and the designer did a fantastic job and you did also for JUST selling the job.

KS_Grasscutter
10-21-2008, 05:53 PM
That looks real nice. A lot better then the deck my parents had built that was pretty much just thrown together...

ericmcj31
10-21-2008, 06:03 PM
that's a nice, big deck you sold there-

PROCUT1
10-21-2008, 06:21 PM
Did you find something in code about the handrail or was it a request all along? Dont tell me you sealcoated the driveway. IMO that is the biggest scam in the service industry. Im sure you had a good one, but can you really tell me that it does anything other than upset the lawn and plow guys? Deck looks great by the way.

Do some research on sealcoating and see if your opinion stays the same.

mrusk
10-21-2008, 06:59 PM
I don"t know if seal coating works. What I do know is that it leaves the driveway looking a lot better then I can powerwash it. Clients like having it done for them at the end of there project.

DVS Hardscaper
10-21-2008, 07:03 PM
I thought this was a *HARDSCAPE* forum??

mrusk
10-21-2008, 08:09 PM
I thought this was a *HARDSCAPE* forum??

DVS is a deck not a hardscape? I know its not a softscape or a landscape.

crab
10-21-2008, 09:18 PM
dvs lets see more pictures of you're" retaining wall".looks great rusk some people just don't get the big picture,complete landscape construction.

steve5966
10-21-2008, 09:49 PM
DVS is a deck not a hardscape? I know its not a softscape or a landscape.

If it's attached to the house it's neither.

DVS Hardscaper
10-21-2008, 09:51 PM
So now decking contractors are considered "Hardscape Contractors"!!

Which wall would you like to see crab?

Would you like to see a 2' high wall that we built? Or how bout a 15' high wall that is holding a large gas station and convience store out of a flood plain? Or would a decorative, architectural wall suffice?!

Well, I don't wanna step on Matt's thread, but as per request, I'll keep it simple - heres one for ya, Crab :) :

http://www.outdoorfinishes.com/images/services/walls/Terraced%20wall/Terracing-Retaining-Wall-lg.jpg

"Complete Landscape Construction"?? Ok, well does a 10-foot wall with 200 tons of compacted fill, planting and not just shurbs plopped into holes, but landscaping with colorful and pretty smelling perennials, uplighting and down lighting that reflects off the swimming pool, a bar-b-que station, a water feature that can be heard from all angles, and oh yeah - yadda yadda; count as "complete"??

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/ScapeItWS6360CJ7/Dream%20It%20-%20Do%20It/IMG_0466.jpg

I guess I should take credit for the ornamental fence shown in the picture, afterall I signed the contract with the fabricator and I wrote him a check!! :)

shovelracer
10-21-2008, 10:20 PM
Do some research on sealcoating and see if your opinion stays the same.

I know one thing without having to waste several hours researching something I could care less about. That is that I have seen far more driveways ruined and bad sealing jobs than I have seen ones that actually might have there life prolonged if the base doesnt move and cause it to fail regardless.

LBFmd
10-21-2008, 10:36 PM
Dont forget about the water feature DVS.

etwman
10-21-2008, 10:51 PM
LBF - Would that be Hercules's personal watering feature your referring too or the bubblers in the pots? Either way they are Hardscape.

Sorry its late.

Nice work DVS.

Mike33
10-22-2008, 12:00 AM
DVS, nice looking hardscaping job. What kind of block is that, looks very nice.
Mike

LBFmd
10-22-2008, 09:03 AM
it would be the bubbler.

DVS Hardscaper
10-22-2008, 07:19 PM
DVS, nice looking hardscaping job. What kind of block is that, looks very nice.
Mike

You mean that little tiny bit of the wall that you can see in the pic? That would be Cornerstone's beveled face :)

Mike33
10-22-2008, 09:04 PM
Im actually doing a cornerstone bevel face now. Out of my 300+ walls i have 2 ab beveled, and my first one for cornerstone. We just lined up the points on base course, they are different to pick up off of skid though. BTW we are doing int. lights how far should we space them for good lighting?
Mike