PDA

View Full Version : Tested the new toro G3 and stander on my terms....

Frue
10-20-2008, 06:34 PM
I dont have enough time to actually tell you everything but I will later. The stander is absolutly the best on the market hands down. I took it on a very very steep hill one that the wright just slid off. The toro did it with very little discomfort from me... I cut two of my own lawns with the grandstand and 2 with the g3. I am pressed for time so I will fill you in later this evening.

Frue
10-20-2008, 08:15 PM
Ok The stander performed very well, i am 6'2 265 so I thought it would be akward but it was not. The only beef i had with it, is It came up when I was on a very steep incline, to solve this, I put my weight forward and it stayed on the ground well. Now my friend is about 320 lb and he got it to come up quit easily. The rep said he could get a weights for the front of it.

I have used all the stander except the great dayne and none of them have the comefort or the cut quality. The cut quality on this machine is phenominal. Writes cut quality is no where near this machine. I think the wright handels going up down hills better but side to side not even in the same class. This thing hugs the hills. The suspention platform was out of this world. Toro has a awesome product here.....

The G3 is something special. It cuts great, the seat is awesome, and it has plenty of power. I can not say one bad thing about the unit of course i only used it for about 2 hours tops. I highly recomend either unit I feal they are the best in its class. The only thing I want to see is how long the pumps last?

jbell36
10-20-2008, 08:26 PM
that's very good to hear...i do have one question though, how fast was the machine? i used a quik-track and i thought it was very very fast compared to other machines, how would you say the grandstand compares?

BobcatBoy06
10-20-2008, 08:31 PM
The grandstands are gonna be awesome but I think are kinda pricey, you are looking at 7-8 depending on model, I'm trying to get a 48in 23hp have to see what they go for.

jbell36
10-20-2008, 08:39 PM
ya i'm lookin' at getting the exact same machine...i'm wondering how much the upgrade from the 19hp to the 23 hp will be...

Frue
10-21-2008, 09:22 AM
I was told for the 19hp 52 inch deck your looking at 8000 and some change. As far as speed I really did not think it was as fast as the dear i tried, but it was not hateful. I raced the g3 down the road and it was not even close the g3 passed me as if I was not even moving. 7-8 maybe not sure. If there is anything i have learned about speed you cannot even cut that fast.

Frue
10-21-2008, 09:24 AM
One more thing I thought it should have had some anti scalp but since the deck it does not go past the tires it does not need them I did not galge not even once.

Frue
10-21-2008, 01:49 PM
try these mowers guys. i think wright has something to be nervous about especially since Sean adams is mailing out comparsion charts!

Lazer_Z
10-21-2008, 05:46 PM
try these mowers guys. i think wright has something to be nervous about especially since Sean Adams is mailing out comparison charts! It's not Sean that put the chart's together, it was Wright MFG. I don't think Wright has a single thing to be nervous about, I do plan to try one of these Toro standers out if the dealer who's open house I go to has one. I'd still buy a Wright though for the simple fact that my eXmark dealer just took on the Wright line of mowers, so I'd already have a preexisting dealer customer relationship with them.

Mickhippy
10-21-2008, 06:33 PM
Any pics of the G3?

syzer
10-21-2008, 07:41 PM
HAve you tried the Wright ZK? I was never a huge fans of the stander, but we demo'ed the ZK and will be picking up two this year. A truly phenomenal machine! The thing is crazy fast, cuts great, lays a great stripe.

Frue
10-21-2008, 08:31 PM
No I have not and there is no way I would pay 10,000 for a stand on mower I am not even ready to pay 8000 for a grandstand. i am very disapointed that these companys have jacked these prices up to that rate. I bought my first z for 6000, my second for 8100 my third for 8400, and my fourth 9000. Now they want me to spend 10800 for a g3.

See what these companys including bop write threads about cost going up. What they dont understand when in 10 years the cost of these machine go up 45% but if we tried to raise our prices 45% it would never go over. We are the guys that get it STUCK to

BobcatBoy06
10-21-2008, 08:36 PM
The G3 are supposed to retail from 8700 to 12000 depending of model. I think 25hp to 34hp deck size 48in to 72in

jaybird24
10-21-2008, 08:41 PM
Kind of off the topic, but what is the G3 replacing? We run mostly Toro, but have not been paying attention to these new products. Is it a mid or full size, or just a whole new line replacing the Z masters?

rookie03
08-17-2009, 06:02 PM
Do you think one G3 will be more efficient than running a couple of older smaller zero turn mowers? I'm thinking these new mowers will out-cut and out-perform the older Z's and be more efficient. Has anyone put some hours on the G3?

dishboy
08-17-2009, 07:14 PM
The Grandstand is a great concept, but it sure tracks up a lawn with tire tracks laying down the turf. Not even impressed with the finished cut. My walker MB with a 42" mulch deck and low profile tires put it to shame.

threeleafllc
08-17-2009, 09:04 PM
We own 2 grandstands i bought bolth of them this spring when toro came out with the fleet discount thing.i will say this i am a toro guy we own 6 z masters and around 8 walk behinds all toro.the grandstand still needs some fine tunning in my book and i have only cut my house with it(very small yard).
ok flaws with unit one at 27hrs steering levers wouldnt operate correctly easy fix had to ad some diff bushings.58hrs stripping kit completly fell apart (i paid 200.00 for it).130hrs fuel issue when hot ,kawi put some bad o rings in carb and they fell apart.191hrs belt gaurd nipples are all gone they just vibrated till nothing was left of them.255hrs pistons to help lift and lower deck went bad so the handle got messed up also.As of today it has around 420hrs on it and i havent had an issue scince 255hrs.
Unit 2 has had just about the same amount of down time but it did suffer a good roll over down a hill and into a street were it was hit by a car.
my guys say they love the way it runs and its faster then a hydo walk behind
but they are very very very bad on fuel
i still like the machines and still like toro products i just think i bought to early in production.
But the best thing is they fit way better in the box truck then the walk behinds
Allen

Lawnut101
08-17-2009, 09:10 PM
We own 2 grandstands i bought bolth of them this spring when toro came out with the fleet discount thing.i will say this i am a toro guy we own 6 z masters and around 8 walk behinds all toro.the grandstand still needs some fine tunning in my book and i have only cut my house with it(very small yard).
ok flaws with unit one at 27hrs steering levers wouldnt operate correctly easy fix had to ad some diff bushings.58hrs stripping kit completly fell apart (i paid 200.00 for it).130hrs fuel issue when hot ,kawi put some bad o rings in carb and they fell apart.191hrs belt gaurd s are all gone they just vibrated till nothing was left of them.255hrs pistons to help lift and lower deck went bad so the handle got messed up also.As of today it has around 420hrs on it and i havent had an issue scince 255hrs.
Unit 2 has had just about the same amount of down time but it did suffer a good roll over down a hill and into a street were it was hit by a car.
my guys say they love the way it runs and its faster then a hydo walk behind
but they are very very very bad on fuel
i still like the machines and still like toro products i just think i bought to early in production.
But the best thing is they fit way better in the box truck then the walk behinds
Allen

Dang! What did the car look like? lol

lifetree
08-17-2009, 09:18 PM
Dang! What did the car look like? lol

I was curious about that, too !!

threeleafllc
08-17-2009, 09:21 PM
not to bad from the pics i have seen. my partner was the poor guy that went to that call.thank god the car was just about to stop at a stop sign so it was only going around 5 mph
they checked the oils bent some stuff back with a pipe wrench and it went back to work
Allen

rlong97150
08-18-2009, 10:34 AM
I was told for the 19hp 52 inch deck your looking at 8000 and some change.

Holy cow, your dealer is killing you.

My dealer is 6,600.00 on the 19/48 and 7,050.00 on the 23/52. I started with the 19/48 and traded up to the 23/52 for the difference. I had put about 5 hours on the 48

Bob

Perry Lawn & Landscape
08-22-2009, 10:55 PM
I got mine for about 8,000 for the 23/52